Evernote – stay organized
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Let Evernote change the way you organize your personal and professional projects. Dive in: take notes, create to-do lists, and save things you find online into Evernote. We’ll sync everything between your phone, tablet, and computer automatically.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PLUS - More space. More devices. More freedom.
• 1 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
$3.99 monthly, $34.99 annually
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
What's New in Version 6.13.1
Fixed in 6.13.1:
A fix for an issue where reminders overlap text and omit notes on macOS 10.13.1
A fix for an issue where sync intermittently fails for some users after clipping content from the web (CDATA error seen in log)
An improvement to make it easier to detect and troubleshoot specific notes that are failing to sync - if you see an exclamation mark on a note in the note list (for snippet and card view) and a red dot in the sync status column for the list views, it's a problematic note.
Release Notes for 6.13
6.13 and app updates going forwards will be supported on OS X El Capitan (10.11) and above.
Sharing: consolidated share options under the “Share” button in Evernote. Share a note, choose to create a public link or modify share permissions all from one place.
Navigation and Commanding UI: we’ve made some adjustments to provide more space for your content using a narrower toolbar, and making some tweaks to the sidebar to improve legibility. We’ve also improved the Move Note dialog to make it even faster to move a note across accounts by listing all notebooks from both your business and personal accounts directly in the dialog.
We fixed many issues in this release, here are some of the notable issues addressed.
Fixed an issue where notebooks are sometimes duplicated on upgrade.
Fixed several crashes including intermittent issues around moving notes, app launch, and on PDF annotation.
Fixed an issue where the Evernote app window sometimes appears black when in full screen mode.
Indispensible GTD tool, Mac version is the best
The Mac version of Evernote keeps getting better. I love that I can drag multiple files onto the dock icon in order to create multiple notes with the files attached to each note, and I also appreciate being able to open multiple Evernote windows. This, combined with the flexible workflow tools and features like reminders, tagging, PDF markup, OCR search, synced notebooks, offline notebooks, local notebooks, and easy collaboration make it the ultimate, indispensible tool for managing my life and business.
As a proponent of the GTD methodology for maximizing productivity, Evernote has stolen my heart over the past several years, having become the ultimate repository for my reference and project management documents, and the hub for my paperless lifestyle.
I wish that nested tag structures would sync back to the account, and I would like to see a more powerful iOS app with easier note creation, manipulation, and retrieval features that more closely mirror the macOS desktop version of Evernote. The user experience should always be improved, but we also deserve power-user functionality across all devices. I would also like to see more options for securing notes with end-to-end encryption, where Evernote does not hold the private keys for decrypting the note data. Although I hope to see progress on these items in the very near future, Evernote is superb.
Good, but going in the wrong direction
Evernote has become my all in one knowledge and document storage tool. It offers many ways to input data, organize it, and retrieve it. I really like how far is has come since I started. It’s had a few false starts , mostly where it tried to break into the business collaboration and networking markets. That brings me to the wrong turn part. In its desire to enter the business market, it has started pushing business features onto personal Evernote users who find it an annoyance at least, a show stopper at worst. Work chat should be in the business version of EN, as should presentation mode and other business-centric features. No, I don’t want to share my birth certificate, bank account information , or other data in EN with the general public, friends, or even relatives.
I’m giving it a 4 star rating only becasue of the occasional bugginess and annoyances. Like today the app opened but there weren’t any windows. "Show all windows” made it clear that there were not any. Rebooting didn’t fix it, but uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote seems to have fixed it. The major annoyance is when I log out, Evernote always has to sync before it quits, even if I didn’t use the app.
Overall, it’s a very flexible note taking app and document vault to boot.
There are so many apps for notes it is difficult to choose which one is the most useful. Having tried for many years to find the perfect app that will fit my need, Evernote is the best hands down. Evernot is simple to use but also has so many valuable features. Extreamly user friendly. I have well over 800 notes and each one is categorized in it’s own file. Evernote will even suggest which folder you would like to place your note. Need to remember detals from a web page? Evernote easily handles that task. I am the only one who uses Evernote at home, but I do share important notes with family members or friends. Evernote also has a great chat feature for the specified members documented in Evernote. For small businesses, Evernote will be a useful tool to you & your employee’s. I can’t find a negative word to say about Evernote. Get Evernote now and take it for a spin, I know you will be pleased with this app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 6.13.1
- Size: 56.7 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Evernote
- © 2007-2017 Evernote Corporation
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium$4.99
- Evernote Premium$5.99
- Evernote Plus$3.99
- Evernote Premium$44.99
- Evernote Plus$2.99
- Evernote Premium $7.99
- Evernote Plus$3.99
- Evernote Premium$7.99
- Evernote Premium$49.99
- Evernote Plus$34.99