Evernote – stay organized
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Let Evernote change the way you organize your personal and professional projects. Dive in: take notes, create to-do lists, and save things you find online into Evernote. We’ll sync everything between your phone, tablet, and computer automatically.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PLUS - More space. More devices. More freedom.
• 1 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
$3.99 monthly, $34.99 annually
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 6.10
Important under the hood changes to the note editing experience lay the groundwork for even more improvements in the future.
Select functionality and crash issues.
can’t wait for this new foundation
i hope one of the upcoming “new” features is - change case? i mean, still missing basic type manipulation features. not to beat a dead horse into the ground; but, get the basics right, please! however, glad to see the “jumping” cursor has been fixed. but, how about - search and replace? i mean… even TextEdit does that! and, you’re on version 6? hmm… (btw, search highlights random places on the screen, at the moment - not actual words!). also, improve cut and paste - paste from PDF copy of text looses the returns (now, i copy from pdf, paste into git atom, then copy that and paste into Evernote…. Ugh)
don’t need a fixed title because it’s always visible in the snippit, or any of the other views. started using evernote for to-do lists (as apple reminders is fail-ware). the behaviors of things when i cut and paste checkmarks in lists, or make a new line - hard to describe, but the UX is really “wonky.” highly inelegant. i’ve said it before, but as a note app - the typing experience needs to be free-flowing bliss. all these other bells and whistles - distractions from what this app needs to be. 80/20 rule and all that. you can do it!
also, driving me nuts sometimes - if i paste a link, then want to type normal text next to it, it just keeps extending the link instead. please, fix! also… update the screenshots! hello? is this thing on? anyone there?
Major decline of the Mac app
I have been using Evernote for years, and all along I was a vocal advocate for this app. I recommend it to friends all the time. For me, PDF annotation, the search functionality, and organizational tools are all indispensable features. I rely so heavily on Evernote on my Mac and on my phone for school, work, and my personal notes because it is so robust and reliable.
Unfortunately Evernote for Mac has violated that reliability over the last few months. First PDF annotation became slower and somewhat buggy. When MacOS Sierra launched, PDF annotation stopped functioning completely, and in general the Mac app has multiple difficulties handling embedded PDFs now. Text input has also become extremely frustrating — Evernote frequently adds extra return lines while I’m working with bulletted lists, and randomly becomes unable to format text unless I relaunch the app.
Overall, my experience with EN for Mac has gone from outstanding to extremely frustrating in just a few months. I’ve worked with tech support in depth on these issues back in September, and ultimately they just told me they had no fix and that they were working on it. I’m afraid that the change of leadership at Evernote is having a negative effect—I hope it turns around soon!
My #1 Indispensable Program
Evernote is my go-to for so many things. First, of course, it’s a brain dump for any and all pieces of information. I no longer have to rely on my memory; I simply stuff everything into EN.
But, that’s just its baseline. Some other features I love: the ability to easily record audio and insert images and effortlessly search on just those two parameters, or any other, is phenomenal. Another feature I recently started using is the Table of Contents ability. I simply choose a superset of tagged items and create a folder of them with a neat Table of Contents presentation. I recently sent such a set of items to a prospect on a subject close to her heart and it sealed the deal. The presentation and sendability impressed her enough that she ended up not only becoming a client - but an Evernote user as well.
Any negatives? Yes, of course, but they’re all surmountable. The major one is that upgrades are not always smooth but eventually, the coders get it fixed.
I will say this, I started out with Evernote for Windows and felt it had some limitations compared to the Mac version. About 10 months ago, I switched to the Mac version, and I must say, it’s a noticeable improvement on an already OK Windows version. I’d recommend it to everyone, and do, often.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 29, 2016
- Version: 6.10
- Size: 56.8 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Evernote
- © 2007-2016 Evernote Corporation
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium$4.99
- Evernote Premium$5.99
- Evernote Premium$44.99
- Evernote Plus$2.99
- Evernote Plus$3.99
- Evernote Premium$49.99
- One year$44.99
- One month$4.99
- Evernote Premium $7.99
- Evernote Plus$24.99