Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do’s, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it’s all instantly searchable. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Notice anything different about us? We’ve updated our look to reflect our renewed purpose: helping you focus on what matters most. You’ll see a new design style, color palette, and fonts—we even gave our elephant a makeover!
Ratings and Reviews
Indispensible GTD tool, Mac version is the best
The Mac version of Evernote keeps getting better. I love that I can drag multiple files onto the dock icon in order to create multiple notes with the files attached to each note, and I also appreciate being able to open multiple Evernote windows. This, combined with the flexible workflow tools and features like reminders, tagging, PDF markup, OCR search, synced notebooks, offline notebooks, local notebooks, and easy collaboration make it the ultimate, indispensible tool for managing my life and business.
As a proponent of the GTD methodology for maximizing productivity, Evernote has stolen my heart over the past several years, having become the ultimate repository for my reference and project management documents, and the hub for my paperless lifestyle.
I wish that nested tag structures would sync back to the account, and I would like to see a more powerful iOS app with easier note creation, manipulation, and retrieval features that more closely mirror the macOS desktop version of Evernote. The user experience should always be improved, but we also deserve power-user functionality across all devices. I would also like to see more options for securing notes with end-to-end encryption, where Evernote does not hold the private keys for decrypting the note data. Although I hope to see progress on these items in the very near future, Evernote is superb.
I’ve been using Evernote since 2013, primarily for organization in a public works environment. Its nice to have access to my data on my various devices and platforms - in general, my offices are PC environments while I use a MAC. Evernote syncs between all easily. For the past 2 years I have used the product for construction inspection services using my iPhone or iPad. I can record weather, crew members, and then dictate the daily progress throughout the day. Adding pertineint files (email, texts, plans, etc) in chronological order is also helpful. I can also use captioned photos to document progress for the day.
My only problem so far is sharing the data with non users. Moving to a paperless environment is great and I endorse this concept, but some offices/agencies require that "piece of paper”. Printing a file with photos cuts the photo at the end of a page and resumes printing the photo on the next page. I wish this be addressed.
But overall, Evernote is very convenient for documenting these activities and for organizing my business and personal life. We all carry a phone and Evernote is on my phone.
Good, but going in the wrong direction
Evernote has become my all in one knowledge and document storage tool. It offers many ways to input, organize, and retrieve data. It should create personal and business apps because work chat and sharing notes might be ok within a team, but I would not want to share my personal documents with anyone. There is a reason I have 2FA turned on to protect my journal, financial, and legal document from prying eyes. More than once I almost unitentionally shared a scandalous love letter from my spouse with a stranger because work chat popped up and offered to share the note with no prompting from myself.
I’m giving it a 4 star rating only becasue of the occasional bugginess and annoyances. Like today the app opened but there weren’t any windows. "Show all windows” made it clear that there were not any. Rebooting didn’t fix it, but uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote seems to have fixed it. The major annoyance is when I log out, Evernote always has to sync before it quits, even if I didn’t use the app.
Overall, it’s a very flexible note taking app and document vault to boot.
- 51 MB
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2018 Evernote Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.