By Mancing Dolecules
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A video is worth a thousand words, you can check a "thrilling" demo of Everyday Looper here : http://www.tinyurl.com/ELDemo3
Everyday Looper allows you to record 4 musical phrases - 6 on an iPad - and loop them right away. You can then mix and merge them on the fly.
Thanks to the metronome (click track) and the auto start/stop of recording (quantized recording), reachable in the tools and options menu, it's suited for two-handed instruments too.
- As seen on CNN -
"Looping needs to be ultra-simple, instantaneous and spontaneous. None of the apps I tried made that possible. None of them until Everyday Looper." CultOfMac.com
"A superb combination of GarageBand and Electroplankton" MacLife.de (4/5)
"This app really enables musicians to jot down an idea or create a masterpiece right from their devices" AppVee.com (5/5)
Search YouTube for "Everyday Looper" to see many great user videos !
Here is what we've got :
New In Version 1.6
UNDO / REDO
• Restore the previous version of a track modified by recording, erasing or merging.
• Send individual tracks or mixes of your loops, in AAC or WAV format, by email.
• Menu and icon updated to match iOS 7 and 8 look.
NO BUTTON USER INTERFACE
• Tap or swipe on displayed waveforms to play / pause / stop / record / change volume / erase.
• Auto-normalization of each track to reach their maximum non clipped volume by the swipe of a finger.
• Master Limiter to not worry about clipping after tracks mixing.
TRACK MERGING [Added In Version 1.1]
• Merge one track with another one in real-time, with limiter.
OVERDUB RECORDING [Added In Version 1.4]
• Choose your recording mode between Overdub and Replace.
• Automatically start/stop recording at the beginning/end of a loop, as an option. Perfect for instruments that require your 2 hands.
STEREO TRACKS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Pan your tracks in the stereo field.
TRACK MUTING [Added In Version 1.2]
• Very useful for switching between a track you use as a chorus and another one you use as a verse. Optionally quantizable to loop.
• Metronome track generator to create a X clicks at Y BPMs base track.
AUDIO COPY/PASTE [Added In Version 1.2]
• Copy and paste tracks to and from other audio apps. Great for using that nice beat you laid down in BeatMaker as a "de luxe" metronome.
MIDI CONTROLLERS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record, Play/Pause and Stop can be triggered by a MIDI controller.
LATENCY COMPENSATION [Added In Version 1.2]
• For you tracks to be perfectly synchronized. Sub millisecond precision.
• Export your tracks to your computer over WiFi in 44100Hz/16Bits Wav format.
2 INPUT CHANNELS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record channel 1 or 2, both simultaneously or as a stereo source. Require an audio device that provides 2 input channels such as the Alesis iO Dock.
4 TRACKS (on iPhone) - 6 TRACKS (on iPad) [Added In Version 1.3]
• Up to 45 seconds of recording for each track.
To be noted : This app is all about recording. No pre-recorded samples are included and iPod Touch users will need an external microphone.
Here is the detailed documentation + video tutorial : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/everyday-looper/documentation
For all problems/suggestions, please visit our forum http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum
Follow us on Twitter : @MancingDols
What's New in Version 1.6
Restore the previous version of a track modified by recording, erasing or merging.
Send individual tracks or mixes of your loops, in AAC or WAV format, by email.
Menu and icon updated to match iOS 7 and 8 look.
- Instant mute by tapping on the left side of a track.
- 4 beats count-in for click track based loops by repeating the stop gesture two times.
- AudioCopy SDK updated to version 2.
For more info on how to use these new features, you can go to http://www.mancingdolecules.com .
And don't forget that you can reach me on Twitter (@MancingDols) or on Facebook (Everyday Looper). Hope you will enjoy the update !
Great app to practice looping
tl:dr If you've never tried recording or looping before, start with this app.
If you have never tried recording yourself or looping tracks on the fly this is a great place to start. The controls do not take too long to get used to and when you have them down it's a snap. My favorite feature is that you can merge tracks together, for example putting multiple guitar or vocal recordings in one track to save space for more recording.
This app got me into home recording and although I now have the necessary tools to do a lot more (and I don't really use the app much anymore) it was a great place to start. This app really was my jumping off point into serious recording.
With the newest update my favorite feature is being able to select tracks to email yourself. You can send the whole thing or just individual tracks. There are also some other ease of use updates as well.
I suppose my only negative comment would be that if you already have experience in home recording then this won't really be anything new or innovative for you but I imagine the app was designed for easy use and beginner users. Now that I have my own interface and software I probably won't spend much time on the app.
Overall this is a great app at a good price and a great place to start.
I've been meaning to review this app for a long time since I got it! If you like making loops and don't know where to start this is one of the best and easiest apps to use.
The only things I could ask for is being able to save the loop not only to the app, but to your phone. Being able to send a cool loop I made in a message (for those who can't set up an email). Also some way to cut just specific parts out of a loop, move the whole track left or right to quantize it, and being able to make a shorter loop and then repeating it to make the time of the entire loop longer.
Thanks guys! This app is my favorite time waster! :)
Great app for creative looping
I've been using this app for years now and it never gets old. When I've got an idea I want to get out quick I can easily record it with multiple layers.
That tap-slide function can be confusing and sometimes get in the way, but with a bit of practice it is doable. Being able to turn that feature off would be helpful.