By Mancing Dolecules
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A video is worth a thousand words. Check out this new demo / tutorial of Everyday Looper : http://tinyurl.com/ELTuto2
Everyday Looper allows you to record 4 musical phrases - 6 on an iPad - and loop them right away. You can then mix and merge them on the fly.
Thanks to the metronome (click track) and the auto start/stop of recording (quantized recording), reachable in the tools and options menu, it's suited for two-handed instruments too.
- As seen on CNN -
"Looping needs to be ultra-simple, instantaneous and spontaneous. None of the apps I tried made that possible. None of them until Everyday Looper." CultOfMac.com
"A superb combination of GarageBand and Electroplankton" MacLife.de (4/5)
"This app really enables musicians to jot down an idea or create a masterpiece right from their devices" AppVee.com (5/5)
Search YouTube for "Everyday Looper" to see many great user videos !
Here is what we've got :
New In Version 1.5
• Pan your tracks. Compatible devices : iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad and newer.
• Record, Play/Pause and Stop can be triggered by a MIDI controller through Core MIDI.
2 INPUT CHANNELS
• Record channel 1 or 2, both simultaneously or as a stereo source. Require an audio device that provides 2 input channels such as the Alesis iO Dock.
NO BUTTON USER INTERFACE
• Tap or swipe on displayed waveforms to play / pause / stop / record / change volume / erase.
• Auto-normalization of each track to reach their maximum non clipped volume by the swipe of a finger.
• Master Limiter to not worry about clipping after tracks mixing.
TRACK MERGING [Added In Version 1.1]
• Merge one track with another one in real-time, with limiter.
OVERDUB RECORDING [Added In Version 1.4]
• Choose your recording mode between Overdub and Replace.
• Automatically start/stop recording at the beginning/end of a loop, as an option. Perfect for instruments that require your 2 hands.
AUDIO COPY/PASTE [Added In Version 1.2]
• Copy and paste tracks to and from other audio apps. Great for using that nice beat you laid down in BeatMaker as a "de luxe" metronome.
TRACK MUTING [Added In Version 1.2]
• Very useful for switching between a track you use as a chorus and another one you use as a verse. Optionally quantizable to loop.
• Metronome track generator to create a X clicks at Y BPMs base track.
LATENCY COMPENSATION [Added In Version 1.2]
• For you tracks to be perfectly synchronized. Sub millisecond precision.
• Export your tracks to your computer over WiFi in 44100Hz/16Bits Wav format.
4 TRACKS (on iPhone) - 6 TRACKS (on iPad) [Added In Version 1.3]
• Up to 45 seconds of recording for each track.
To be noted : This app is all about recording. No pre-recorded samples are included and iPod Touch users will need an external microphone.
Here is the detailed documentation + video tutorial : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/everyday-looper/documentation
For all problems/suggestions, please visit our forum http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum
Follow us on Twitter : @MancingDols
What's New in Version 1.5.3
iOS 5.1 compatibility fix
Really Freaking Good
This is an Awesome Looper app. The Metronome generator creates a perfect click track guide that you can play to. This is a million times better than basically every other app that just plays a metronome sound in the background. First of all, it gives you the confidence knowing that you are hearing a perfectly quantized metronome as apposed to some digitally generated click track that could possibly hickup or be sloppy. Secondly, the perfectly quantized transients of the click track give you a visual reference with which to compare the transients of your played in loops to. So, you can visualize which notes you play a little ahead of the beat or slightly behind the beat etc. (and you'll learn how this affects the feel of the song) Being able to see the horizontal waveforms of all your loops stacked on top of each other really allows you to visually see how the transients in one of your loops relates to the transients in the other loops. Such a great deal for such a beautifully designed app.
Great tool that's a little clumsy
I've been using EDL for more than a year now, almost every day! Even though the new version came out over six months ago, I still forget how to get the heck out of pan mode, or how to prevent overdubbing a track i accidentally armed. The more weeks go by the more I wish for a few icons on the screen to help me out. Everyday looper gets two big thumbs up in terms of what it can do - despite it not being perfect. The only limit I felt previously was memory, and that's the device's fault, not the app. But then I got a new iThing, and that went away. Please consider adding a little more GUI. The swipe-but-not-too-much-hold--then-second-finger-tap gesture i fail at on a daily basis. Daily. Everyday failure.
Well I regretted buying this at first cuz I had no clue how to use it and the help menu hardly helps at all and it doesn't help with many things. I had to figure A LOT out on my own. But I did. And it's a REALLY good app! One problem though. Once you hit record, you have to start singing or playing your instrument IMMEDIATELY after hitting record. Otherwise there'll be a delay in the loop. So the loop will play and then you'll have those first two seconds of silence before the loop starts again. It's hard to explain! But even though I'm not musically talented at all, I still get really addicted to this app. ALTHOUGH I think it would be amazing if you could save recording as a video to the camera roll. But oh well
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 03, 2012
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Raphael Alexandre
- © 2009-2012 Mancing Dolecules
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.