By AbleLink Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everyday Skills provides self-directed learning sessions for 40 important skills necessary for living independently and accessing the community based on proven content developed by the Attainment Company. Everyday Skills provides an accessible learning tool that is specifically designed to be used directly by individuals with autism, learning or other developmental disabilities at their own pace on the coolest technology platform there is - the iPad! Everyday Skills is powered by Visual Impact, AbleLink's highly effective cognitively accessible learning tool.
Everyday Skills also utilizes the AbleLink Instructional Media Standard (AIMS), AbleLink's award-winning step-by-step multimedia training system which applies universal design principles to provide multimodal instruction using visual and auditory media. Anyone who needs support learning and maintaining skills necessary for daily living, learning context appropriate social skills and skills necessary for accessing the community can benefit from the simplicity of Everyday Skills.
Everyday Skills features 15 cognitively accessible learning sessions on the Community, including the following topics:
- Stairs, Escalators, and Elevators
- Fast Food Restaurants
- Sit Down Restaurants
- Fire Departments
- Grocery Stores
- Hardware Stores
- Trip to the Farm
- Trip to the Zoo
Everyday Skills also includes 10 cognitively accessible learning sessions related to personal skills, including the following topics:
- Going out on a Date
- Indoor Chores - Washing Dishes
- Outdoor Chores - Lawn Care
- Preparing a Meal
- Renting a Movie
- Taking Care of Pets
- Recycling and Garbage
- Visit to the Dentist's Office
- Visit to the Doctor's Office
Transition and Transportation Skills
Finally, Everyday Skills features 15 additional learning topics related to transition and transportation, including the following topics:
- Getting Ready for School
- Riding the School Bus
- Starting School in the Morning
- The IMC
- The Lunchroom
- City Signs
- Community Signs
- Safety Signs
- Riding in a Car
- Getting Around Town
- Traveling Long Distance
- Product Engineer
- Graphic Artist
- Working in a Warehouse
- Working in an Office
What's New in Version 1.2
Personal customization options are now available to modify the user interface to meet the needs of the learner!
- Added setting to show and hide Settings Button
- Added setting to scale images to fll the screen
- Added setting to prevent accidental double-taps on navigation buttons
- Added setting to show and hide the BACK Button
- Added setting to show and hide the STOP Button
- Added setting to show and hide the RESTART Button
- Added setting to show and hide the REPLAY Button
- Adeed setting to play or not play the Instruction Message
- Added ability to show and hide tasks
- Added page indicator on the task selection screen
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 03, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 318 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AbleLink Technologies, Inc.
- © 2012 AbleLink Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.