A leading evolutionary biology journal is now available on your iPad and iPhone. Fresh from the newsstand, “Evolution” brings you a stimulating, high-impact mixture of Original Research articles, Perspectives, Brief Communications, and more. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, and keep up to date with the most important developments in evolutionary biology chemical research even faster:
- Stay current with the latest articles through Early View
- Be alerted when a new monthly issue is available (opt in)
- Download articles and issues for offline perusal
- Save your favorite articles for quick and easy access
- Share articles with your peers
- No subscription? Abstracts and a free sample issue are freely available along with some full content.
Evolution is the premier publication devoted to the study of organic evolution and the integration of the various fields of science concerned with evolution. The Journal presents significant and original results that extend our understanding of evolutionary phenomena and processes.
Published issues feature Original Articles, Brief Communications, Perspectives, and more.
Published on behalf of the Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE), founded in 1946. The objectives of the SSE are the promotion of the study of organic evolution and the integration of the various fields of science concerned with evolution.
Ruth G. Shaw
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS to Evolution can “pair” their device with their personal or institutional subscription to enjoy full access in this iPad edition.
SUBSCRIBE IN THE APP: Annual Subscriptions (12 issues) for the iPad-only edition are available for $299.99 (US) per year. Payment is charged to your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Evolution subscriptions automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of your subscription period for $299.99 (US) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. To turn off auto-renew, go to your iTunes account settings after purchase. Note that subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the term of the subscription, but you can still turn off auto-renew to prevent automatic renewal of your subscription. Note that any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
- Full support for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.
- Sync your favourite articles, un/read articles and push notification preferences across all your iOS devices via your iCloud account.
- Subscribe to Future Article Alerts from the list of keywords in information tab in any article and get a push notification the next time an article is published with that same keyword. You can opt out any time from the new Message Centre on the settings tab.
- Support for external society website feeds and announcements.
- New Global Navigation button allows you to access any section of the app with a single tap.
- The Enhanced Search will now search all content downloaded and cached on your device.
- The new SSO login allows users who login to their society website to access journal content to login to the app using the same login and password that they use on their society’s website.
- Institutional and workplace network users can now register for access entirely within the app without the need complete the set up on their desktop.
- Support for Sponsored Subscriptions.
- Open Access Articles icon displayed for all OA content.
- We have developed a new Get Access feature for institutional users who login via their institution’s network. We have tested this but are aware that there may be issues—if you experience any problems please contact us on JASMobileAlerts@wiley.com
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Evolving platforms for SSE!
Thank you for this new app! It provides excellent interface and an ease of reading manuscripts that combines the ease and eco-mindedness of receiving on-line only issues with the comfort and familiarity of the paper journal. This app is easy to navigate and the papers are easy to read (especially love the quick access to SI). One thing that would make it even better would be the ability to highlight or make notes. Not sure if that's even an option with Newstand, but it would be helpful. I can't wait for other journals to follow this lead!
- 69.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Evolution (iPad Only) $299.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.