ExactScan Pro is the professional scan suit for a paperless office on the Mac. Get organized and save time and money. ExactScan comes with over 400 drivers for professional document scanners from Avision, Canon DR-series, Fujitsu fi-series, Kodak, Oki, Panasonic, Visioneer and Xerox, which otherwise do not come with a Mac driver. Additionally it allows to use any other scanner with TWAIN or ImageCapture driver.
Scan all your documents for fast retrieval, and get rid of dusty paper archives. Find searchable PDF everywhere with Spotlight in a snap.
• Over 400 native built-in drivers for professional document scanners from Avision, Canon, Fujitsu, HP, Kodak, Oki, Panasonic, Visioneer and Xerox
• Support for a variety of third party scanners via ImageCapture and TWAIN drivers
• Save to PDF, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, BMP, PNM
• Advanced and intelligent image processing algorithms
• Auto-crop & de-skew
• Blank page removal
• Direct scan to print
• Profiles to configure scan workflow
• AppleScript support for professionals
ExactScan Pro additionally includes:
• OCR to directly create searchable PDF files
• Content based page de-skew
• Automatic rotation, color- and source detection
• Imprinter to print flexible text into the scanned image
• Barcode recognition to file stacks by barcodes
• Batch processing of existing image files
The following languages are supported by the OCR:
Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Rumanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian.
For a detailed scanner support list please visit:
http://exactscan.com/compatiblescanner.html - to only perform OCR on already archived files you may also find our OCRKit application helpful.
• improved compatibility with new Fujitsu, Visioneer and Avision scanners
• improved compatibility with macOS High Sierra
• miscellaneous accumulated bug-fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
New Version 18.3 Not Compatible with Fi5120c
Just a heads up for ones who have this great old scanner, previous versions worked great and in some cases better than the windows console. This new version does not work and will crash when try to scan duplex (front and back). I believe the developer is coming up with a fix for this, it may be the newer scanners have a better compression algorithm than the older. If you have an older scanner dont upgrade use a time machine version version 17.9 works flawlessly.
does the job
I had some problems with bugs at first install, but after a reboot, the application seems to be working. the interface is somewhat simplistic, but seems to do what I need wich is:
1) get my fujitsu fi-6130 scanner working with my mac
2) painlessly scan, deskew, and generally clean-up receipts, busines cards, and documents
the OCR seems to work as well, though omnipage (PC) seems to do a better job. I haven’t checked it against fine reader. however, for my purposes (making PDFs searchable) it seems good enough.
Was GREAT until the update.
I was using this application for a while and loving it. Today, I came into the office, did the update and its crashing and I am unable to scan. I’m so disappointed. Please fix this!!!!
unfortunately the lack of Apple's AppStore version management makes using previous versions harder than it should be. I hope you simply restored the last version from your TimeMachine backup? Could you tell us which scanner you are using? Best via email to email@example.com
- ExactCODE GmbH
- 16 MB
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2005-2017 ExactCODE GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.