By Alexander Lindenstruth
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Tired of launching the OS X Calculator app and stepping through menu paths or launching the fullscreen OS X Dashboard just for doing a simple currency conversion? Here's the solution:
"Exchange Rates" is a small currency calculator residing in the OS X status bar – always available and always up to date. Nothing more, nothing less.
Everything can be done using keyboard shortcuts, so you can easily convert an amount between two currencies without interrupting your current workflow by using the mouse or even launching another window-based application.
All exchange rates are being updated continuously in the background, so you don't have to do anything about it. In addition, the fixed exchange rates of all euro predecessor currencies are available, such as the Austrian Shilling or German Mark.
And just in case you would like to know what your paper currency is worth in sound money: Exchange Rates now also offers precious metals for conversions - each in grams and troy ounces.
• All foreign exchange rates & currencies in your menu bar
• always available, always up-to-date
• No more annoying fiddling with the OS X Calculator just to do a simple currency conversion
• More than 160 world-wide currencies are available
• You can also check what your paper money is worth in gold, silver, platinum and palladium
• The cryptocurrencies bitcoin and litecoin are also available
• The fixed exchange rates for all Euro predecessor currencies are available as well
• Everything can be done using keyboard shortcuts to avoid interrupting your workflow.
• Add favourites (accessible with keyboard shortcuts) for frequently used conversions
• Keeps a history of all most recently used currencies (can be deactivated)
• Data Minimization: no unnecessary data collection (e.g. user tracking)
Bitcoin market places:
• BTC China
each in grams and troy ounces
If you find a bug in this app, please report it to the bug tracker or email me so I can fix it as soon as possible. You can find a link to the bug tracker on the support website. Thank you!
A free tryout version is available on the website.
What's New in Version 1.4
• Adds a list of all favourite base exchange rates
• Adds a new UI style "flat design"
• Status item can now additionally show the respective direct quotation
• Added italian and spanish localizations
• Fixed a few layout bugs
• A few other, minor user interface changes
A complete changelog of all previously released versions is also available on the website.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Alexander Lindenstruth
- © Alexander Lindenstruth
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor