Expensify - Expense Reports
By Expensify, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can’t stand your expense reports? Look no further! Expensify makes capturing receipts, tracking time or mileage, business travel and creating expense reports quick and easy. Acknowledged by the tech community as the best app for expense reporting, Expensify takes the time, paper, and headaches out of your expense reports! Simply put, Expensify does expense reports that don’t suck!
”The Best Business Travel App” - Business Insider
”Expensify is like a virtual accountant” - Wall Street Journal
“A mobile app that helps you run your business” - Forbes
Expensify is great for salespeople, business travelers, and companies of all sizes! Expense reporting has never been easier. Here’s how it works:
1. Use Expensify to take a picture of your receipt.
2. Select which report that expense goes on.
...and you’re done! Our SmartScan technology reads the receipt and creates the expense, eliminating any manual entry and saving you precious time and energy.
Did you lose your receipt? No problem! Expensify lets you import your credit card transactions and automatically creates an IRS guaranteed eReceipt for all purchases under $75!
Who’s using Expensify? There are over 2.5 million users and 300,000 companies around the world using Expensify. And the reviews are in:
“Expensify delivers exactly what it promises: a simple and (dare we say) fun way to upload, scan and attach receipts to expense reports.”
- Mashable.com (also an Expensify customer)
“More companies should look to Expensify, a San Francisco-based startup that takes the pain out of expense reports”
- USA Today
“Expensify’s super slick web and mobile apps make it seem almost too easy to file expense reports”
“Expensify finally brought expense reports into the 21st century”
Here’s what Expensify does for you:
- Easy Receipt Capture: Simply take a picture of your receipt and then throw it away
- Automatic Receipt Scanning: Our SmartScan Technology “reads” your receipt and creates an expense
- Mobile Expense Creation: Create and edit expenses on the go - in your car, at the airport, anywhere
- Time Entry: Enter your hourly rate and length of time worked
- Mileage Entry: Enter distance, use your phone’s GPS, or take a picture of your odometer
- Bank & Credit Card Import: Sync your card with Expensify and we’ll automatically pull your transactions into your account
- Easy Report Submission: Email expense reports to your manager or convert to PDF and save
- Expensify Trips: We make travel easy with free flight alerts plus automatic expense report based on your itinerary
- Worldwide Currency Support: Including automatic currency conversion
- Offline Mode: Use Expensify even if your phone is out of service or in airplane mode
- ExpenseIt with Expensify: We take receipts from anywhere! Send your receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll scan them and put them in your account.
- IRS Guaranteed eReceipts - No receipt? No problem! Using our bank & credit card import, we create eReceipts for all transactions under $75!
*Please note extended use of GPS functionality can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.3.0
Summer’s flying by, so let’s just keep this short and sweet:
- You can now cc multiple emails on reports!
- We’ve made SSO improvements!
- An odometer tagging issue has been fixed!
In general, we did the mobile equivalent of adding shades to the sun and everything now looks a whole lot cooler… Now get out and enjoy the rays!
P.S. Not exactly beach reading material, but check out our updated FAQs on the Help and Feedback page
It's a must have for my own tech conference travel, and I've got some of the people that work with me and for me using it now too. I don't even travel all that often, but this app has made such an improvement for accurately tracking all work related expenses and documents that help us work better with our accounting team, to maintain proper expense records.
The closest you can get to having a corporate card
I have a card that I only use for business expenses; by synchronizing that card to my account I can make Expense reports happen while I'm at the airport.
The UI is intuitive and easy to use.
Life is just a little simpler than it was before, and that's all I can really ask for.
What a pain!
Foreign currency transactions are this app's downfall. It wants to use an exchange rate from some database somewhere that doesn't correspond with the actual exchange rate I received. I can fill out my own spreadsheet in half the time. Then I have to laboriously copy everything over to Expensify for my company, doing manual calculations and adding extra notes to clarify exchange rates, etc. It's a huge waste of time. Also, Smart Scan never works right, so I've turned it off, and now it marks every entry with a footnote that says the receipt was not verified by Smart Scan.