Expensify - Expense Reports
By Expensify, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can’t stand your expense reports? Look no further! Expensify makes capturing receipts, tracking time or mileage, business travel and creating expense reports quick and easy. Acknowledged by the tech community as the best app for expense reporting, Expensify takes the time, paper, and headaches out of your expense reports! Simply put, Expensify does expense reports that don’t suck!
”The Best Business Travel App” - Business Insider
”Expensify is like a virtual accountant” - Wall Street Journal
“A mobile app that helps you run your business” - Forbes
Expensify is great for salespeople, business travelers, and companies of all sizes! Expense reporting has never been easier. Here’s how it works:
1. Use Expensify to take a picture of your receipt.
2. Select which report that expense goes on.
...and you’re done! Our SmartScan technology reads the receipt and creates the expense, eliminating any manual entry and saving you precious time and energy.
Did you lose your receipt? No problem! Expensify lets you import your credit card transactions and automatically creates an IRS guaranteed eReceipt for all purchases under $75!
Who’s using Expensify? There are over 2.5 million users and 300,000 companies around the world using Expensify. And the reviews are in:
“Expensify delivers exactly what it promises: a simple and (dare we say) fun way to upload, scan and attach receipts to expense reports.”
- Mashable.com (also an Expensify customer)
“More companies should look to Expensify, a San Francisco-based startup that takes the pain out of expense reports”
- USA Today
“Expensify’s super slick web and mobile apps make it seem almost too easy to file expense reports”
“Expensify finally brought expense reports into the 21st century”
Here’s what Expensify does for you:
- Easy Receipt Capture: Simply take a picture of your receipt and then throw it away
- Automatic Receipt Scanning: Our SmartScan Technology “reads” your receipt and creates an expense
- Mobile Expense Creation: Create and edit expenses on the go - in your car, at the airport, anywhere
- Time Entry: Enter your hourly rate and length of time worked
- Mileage Entry: Enter distance, use your phone’s GPS, or take a picture of your odometer
- Bank & Credit Card Import: Sync your card with Expensify and we’ll automatically pull your transactions into your account
- Easy Report Submission: Email expense reports to your manager or convert to PDF and save
- Expensify Trips: We make travel easy with free flight alerts plus automatic expense report based on your itinerary
- Worldwide Currency Support: Including automatic currency conversion
- Offline Mode: Use Expensify even if your phone is out of service or in airplane mode
- ExpenseIt with Expensify: We take receipts from anywhere! Send your receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll scan them and put them in your account.
- IRS Guaranteed eReceipts - No receipt? No problem! Using our bank & credit card import, we create eReceipts for all transactions under $75!
*Please note extended use of GPS functionality can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 7.3.0
Summer’s flying by, so let’s just keep this short and sweet:
- You can now cc multiple emails on reports!
- We’ve made SSO improvements!
- An odometer tagging issue has been fixed!
In general, we did the mobile equivalent of adding shades to the sun and everything now looks a whole lot cooler… Now get out and enjoy the rays!
P.S. Not exactly beach reading material, but check out our updated FAQs on the Help and Feedback page
Good functions but you figure it out yourself
Another app that drank the Kool aid about "simple and elegant" iconography. Apple peaked in about 2011, and now they've exported a ridiculous moderne [sic] esthetic. Unfortunately figuring out how it works (and it does) isn't easy. My favorite part is that the iPhone app is totally different than the iPad app is totally different than the computer interface. On the iPad app you can't even figure out what account you are looking at. Erasing stuff is a pathetic trial and error experience and the help line is a semi random series of articles or videos. Grow up, write a manual and solidify your interface! The bones of this program are pretty good, but you'd better have the evening free to figure it out. It was better in 2011 when I first got it. I haven't used it in four years and just came back. BTW DONT learn on the iPad app the most confusing of all. Go on the computer and you have some hope. This style over function thing has gotta go.
This is the first time I have EVER written a review about any app, and I felt compelled to do so because of the absolutely horrid experience I've had. I have never had to go through the hoops this silly app requires simply to submit an expense. There is NOTHING intuitive about the user experience, and the product team needs to be replaced. Then, after being bombarded with messages about how quickly I'd be reimbursed after adding a bank account, several days have passed without receiving anything -- although the status states that I've been reimbursed. I'd urge anyone in a leadership position to look elsewhere and very quickly for an expense partner for their business.
There wasn't an option for ZERO stars, so I apologize for the unintended misrepresentation.
Save your time… and your mind. Total piece of 💩!!
If it was possible to rate to zero stars I would certainly do that. I totally agree with Weirdsmith in their assessment of this app.
Whoever is creating the training programs in both print and video really needs to find a new occupation because they have absolutely no clue or idea as to what they're doing... I feel sorry for whoever paid for their college education!!
As previously stated the number of hoops you need to jump through to try and use an app is mind blowing! Email responses take hours so you could quite literally spend two or three days trying to set something up that you take you five minutes. To not have a customer service number to be able to talk to a real human being is ludicrous. There are numerous competitors out there that provide first quality products along with quality service. Expensify is certainly not one of them!
I know management will not respond to this because they're too busy trying to figure out how to overly complicate their product instead of satisfying customers... but at least you have been forewarned.