Exploding Kittens® - The Official Game
By Exploding Kittens
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New ways to play! Play with friends or strangers in online play, or play offline with friends face-to-face!
Exploding Kittens, the most-funded game in Kickstarter history, is now available for iOS.
Created by Elan Lee (Xbox, ARGs), Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal), and Shane Small (Xbox, Marvel).
- Exploding Kittens is a multiplayer card game for people who are into kittens and explosions and laser beams and sometimes goats.
- Play with 2 to 5 players across multiple phones in the same room, or online with friends or strangers
- All art illustrated by The Oatmeal
- New cards exclusive to the digital version of Exploding Kittens
- The digital version of the most backed game in Kickstarter history
In this highly-strategic, kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette, players draw cards until someone draws an Exploding Kitten, at which point they explode, they are dead, and they are out of the game -- unless that player has a Defuse card, which can defuse the Kitten using things like laser pointers, belly rubs, and catnip sandwiches. All of the other cards in the deck are used to move, mitigate, or avoid the Exploding Kittens.
What's New in Version 3.1.7
Just in time for the holidays, look at all the updatey goodness we made for you:
- Added the ability to invite strangers to a private game after your friends have joined.
- New controls to nag/mute/block your opponents.
- Added the ability to mute game sounds.
- General bug fixes that you'll probably never notice, but that fill our hearts with nerdy joy.
The Exploding Kittens Team
Great addition to the card game
I have had the original Exploding Kittens first edition card game since the Kickstarter launch. This app is a great game to be able to play when you don't have friends around to play the card game. I only wish they tried to keep most of the original cards (Nope, attack, wild cats) and ability to use 2x/3x of same cards for steals and the good ole 5 for 1 in the discard exchange. I think some of those might be a little difficult to incorporate into the game but it would be worth it. At just $2 plus 2 more expansions at $2 each, it's a pretty good deal. I never have issues finding players for a match and it looks easy to play with friends (have not tried yet). As others have mentioned it would be great to see a stats page, maybe your average placing, and a few more details to add some beef to it. Great job once again!
I love this game!
The game is awesome! This is officially the first app I have ever purchased DLC for. Here are the pros 1: No wifi needed to play with friends 2: not play to win. New decks just get NEW cards. ( which are great ) 3: online multiplayer 4: awesome art style 5: more decks just keep coming. And here are the cons 1: no voice communication. 2: No PC port. I would love to play this game on my laptop. Put it on Steam! 3: lack of decks. Although more decks keep coming the amount of time for them to come out is long 4: no way to play with friends and strangers. Like a party mode. 5: a button where you can play with the same players/strangers. 6: A friends list. I've met a lot of people who were nice. I'd like to be able to play with them again. 7: no proper chat. You get pre-set chat options. Just make it where curse words are blocked. 8: No NFSW deck. Please! Give it to us! This game is great! I'm on my knee's! Please give us NSFW deck! PLEASE
Great game, could use a few tweaks
Very fun! A few things that can be updated:
1) Either a new deck mode or an update to the current deck to use the original rules/cards from the physical game as well. (Nope Cards, trading pairs/3 of a kind to take a card or ask for one, and trading 5 different cards for any card from the discard pile).
2) the ability to connect with friends and then play together with strangers for times when we don't have 4 other friends that are able to play at the same time as us.
3) An option to start a new game with the random people you just finished playing with instead of having to go back to the main menu after every game. Maybe even a way to add them to a friends list of sorts for game invitations.
4)A mode that doesn't use timers so that we can have ongoing games with friends who may be too busy to play full games in one go. (Similar to words with friends. One person takes a turn, next person may have to run errands, the. Can continue the game after they've finished)
5) More options for placing the exploding kitten back in the deck. Maybe an option to display the deck face down and spread out like how the cards in your hand are, and be able to swipe across to any location in the deck and drag the exploding kitten in.
Love the physical game, so anything that will help this play more like it would be a plus in my book!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 3.1.7
- Size: 214 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Exploding Kittens LLC
- Copyright © 2016 Exploding Kittens, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Party Expansion Pack$1.99
- Animals Avatar Pack$0.99
- Food Avatar Pack$0.99
- Betrayal Expansion Deck$1.99
- Avatar Pack - Science Vs. Religion$1.99