ExplorArt Klee – The Art of Paul Klee, for Kids
By Lapisly S.C.P.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** Winner of Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award 2016 for Excellence in Design *****
"Jump into the mind of Paul Klee, the Swiss-German artist who mixed different art styles [...]. The content is excellent: there are six interactive versions of his paintings, each has a simple activity. We especially liked the ability to explore the fractals. Need to know: this app has some nice hidden treasures!" Warren Buckleitner, Children's Technology Review.
Do you love art and creativity? Do you want to know more about the great work of Paul Klee, the famous artist? Start a magic journey together with Cice and Ku, two playful friends that will welcome you on PK planet, a very special place that came to life thanks to the works of the great artist, Paul Klee!
Cice, PK planet guide, and Ku, his cat friend and trusty assistant, will take you on a tour to explore Klee’s art! Whenever you want to discover a new place, just pet Ku and he will take you to another exciting finding.
You will be able to play directly with Paul Klee’s paintings:
• Explore the magic atmosphere of the beautiful “Landscape with Yellow Birds”
• Get dreamy in the incredible “Dream Town”
• Build your own wonderful “Castle and Sun”
• Have fun playing the surprising “Twittering Machine”
• Get to know the laughter masters, the fun puppets that Klee created for his son out of recycled materials
• And more and more!
Meet Cice and Ku, start the journey, dive into Klee’s art pieces and explore his art! Let your imagination fly high on the wings of creativity!
• 6 paintings by Paul Klee, animated and interactive: (“Crucifers and Spiral Flowers”, “Landscape with Yellow Birds”, “Castle and Sun”, “Dream Town”, “Fugue in Red”, “Twittering Machine”)
• Interactive puppet theatre
• Beautiful hand-drawn illustrations by artist Liza Schiavi
• Charming old fashioned 2D animation
• Original acoustic music (composed applying Gordon’s Music Learning Theory)
• Interactive map of “PK planet” to navigate through the art pieces
• Supplementary Units with in-depth information and details about the artist, his works and his life as well as activity proposals
• Kid-in-control approach, with no gamification (no objectives and rewards, no levels, no rights/wrongs!)
• Suitable to several age ranges, due to multi-level structured contents: younger kids will be able to follow the story with the “read to me” option, while older kids will be able to appreciate additional historical information in the Integration Units and some levels of conceptual depth of the contents.
• Easy switch between languages directly inside the app, no narrative interruption
• Voice-over option
• Complete index with all the pages to easily reach desired contents
• No third-party advertising
• No in-app purchases
Lapisly is a Digital Publishing House specialized in the creation of Art Appbooks for Children. We explore the didactical potential of new technologies to provide Digital Natives with a new learning experience, an innovative way to learn about art history and to stimulate their creativity, through the direct interaction with art pieces.
We adopt a handcraft approach, merging the use of digital technologies with the warm feeling of the manual sign of traditional illustration, old fashioned animation, original storytelling and acoustic music.
We aim at transforming the cold-looking digital medium in a tool full of poetry, to accompany Digital Natives in magic interactive immersions in the world of art.
Lapisly, art appbooks created with art.
Lapisly has developed ExplorArt Klee in collaboration with Ware’s Me s.r.l., partner company specialized in children's app technical development.
What's New in Version 1.3
Minor bug fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 27, 2017
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 397 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Lapisly S.C.P.
- © 2015 Lapisly S.C.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.