Recommended by CNN and Lonely Planet, this is Shanghai's best subway map! Up-to-date with all the metro lines for 2018; Works offline; Routeplanner, GPS, Street maps; English and Chinese included.
Download the app completely free! The free app is ad-supported. Upgrade to VIP features if you'd like to get extra features, remove ads and support future development!
1. Fully up-to-date for 2018
Accurate metro map, includes every station on every line. Free updates for future station openings and timetable changes.
2. Designed for iPhone X
Our gorgeous maps have been fully redesigned for the iPhone X. Runs on all iOS9, iOS10 and iOS11 devices.
3. Designed for iPad
Specially redesigned interface for the larger iPad screen with split screen. Drag and drop station names, tips, maps and timetables into other apps.
4. Street maps for every station
Need to get your bearings at a station? Integrated Street maps show you metro exits and nearby streets for every station.
A really easy route-planner. Get route and time information for any journey with just three taps.
6. "Find my nearest station"
Using your GPS, see a list of the closest metro stations to your current location.
7. Works offline
Everything works without an Internet connection. Search stations and plan routes on the go.
UPGRADE TO VIP FOR EVEN MORE FEATURES
I've been developing this app for 9 years. Upgrading to VIP helps support future development of the app. VIP users get additional features, like NO ADS, accurate prices for every journey, first/last train times, offline street maps, tips at every station, and a general warm fuzzy feeling.
CNN Travel: "These maps are very easy on the eye and simple to navigate. They work offline and also include free updates of stations that have yet to be completed, operating hours and schedules."
Lonely Planet: "Easy to use, up to date and work offline. Very handy, especially when they've run out of paper maps at the stations."
We'd love to hear your comments and suggestions on ways to improve the app. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, as we can't respond to comments left in the reviews.
Updated first/last train times. Pujiang Line opens early 2018.
Ratings and Reviews
ΔШΣSΩMΣ, вυт ι нανє ѕσмє ѕυggєѕтισиѕ
I really love this app! I had this other map before that didn’t get improving info as quick as this app. But, there are improvements I could suggest:
1. You should include the new extensions and lines, like Lines 5, 10, 13 and 14 and say “Under Construction” next to the extended bit and highlight the extensions in progress in grey, so people know what easier routes they could plan in the future.
2. You should highlight the Park Stations in green (Jinjiang Park in yellow), the Railway Stations in grey, and the Airports in bold black. You should also change the shape for virtual interchange stations, e.g. Longhua (Line 11, 12) is a square shape instead of an oval shape.
3. You should create a map for every station (If not, just the popular ones) that has things like Lifts, Ticket Machines, Stairs, Toilets, obviously exits, and Escalators and there could be an up or down arrow on them showing if they go up or down.
4. You should adjust the river on the map a bit, without having to stretch out lines like Line 11 (Longyao Rd. - Oriental Sports Center) and make the river split in two, going around Fuxing Island Station. (Line 12)
5. You should allow VIPs to suggest ideas on the app without having to type in their email, which is why I am suggesting here.
Well, that’s all I have to say, but thank you for your hard work on this app and please consider at least one of my ideas ;)
This is the only map you’ll need for Shanghai! Upgrade for $1.99 for the VIP version. It has pronunciations for each stop along with street maps in both Google and Apple with all the exit locations, and operating times! Best of all it can be used offline. Since I will only be using WiFi while there, this is a HUGE selling point for me. Couldn’t be happier with this app!
This app is all you need to get around Shanghai
This app is incredible. We just moved to Shanghai, and it was a lifesaver as we figured out the metro. The best feature is planning a journey: just tap entry and exit stations and the app tells you exactly where to go—particularly helpful when the stations are crowded. It was so helpful, we downloaded the app for Bangkok, and it was just as valuable there.
- Matthew Mayer
- 75 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Hindi, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ExploreMetro
- In-App Purchases
- VIP mode $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.