Exporter for Contacts
By Stefan Keller
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
••• Free evaluation version available on the dev’s website. •••
Exporter for Contacts (was "Export Address Book") is a popular Mac app to export contact data from Apple's Contacts app into EXCEL, CSV and other formats, capable of organizing export setups in customizable templates to make repeated exports a lot easier. The app lets you export selected contacts, groups and whole address books. It lets you decide which contact fields will be exported and in what order. The app ships with predefined export templates for common applications such as Outlook for Windows or Gmail.
The long list of supported export formats includes:
• Excel Workbook
• CSV and tab-delimited text
• Outlook for Windows (2003 and 2010 formats)
• Outlook 2011 for Mac
• Google Gmail Contacts CSV
• Fritz!Box/Fritz!OS Adressbuch
• Customizable vCards
• XML with optional XSL 1.0 Transformation
Exporter for Contacts is continually kept up-to-date and works on all operating systems from OS X 10.6 upwards, including macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Exporter for Contacts can create a native Excel Workbook file (.xlsx). No more exporting and importing CSV files into Excel only for the file to look all funky and screwed up. Leading zeros, special characters and dates are exported correctly.
- Lets you make your own export templates to use again in the future
- It recognizes fields with custom labels.
- It lets you export phone numbers in a uniform format (can be disabled in the settings if required).
- It can create custom vCards and it lets you decide which info will be put into those vCards.
- It supports the "Distribution List" feature of Apple's Contacts app.
Please note that -- in contrast to the languages listed here on the App Store page -- the user interface of the app is localized to English and German only.
If you have questions or suggestions please contact the author. Please do not use the review system of the App Store to ask questions. There is no way for developers to respond to reviews.
What's New in Version 1.9.11
Fixed an issue that could lead to a crash on opening templates.
A MUST for all -Most useful App you’ll ever download
This is a MUST-HAVE for anyone who really relies on their contacts program. Yes that’s all of us. One day your contact database will go belly-up (this WILL happen sooner or later with all databases) OR you may accidentally delete all (or some of your contacts. - OR - you’ll decide to switch email Apps.I learnt the hard way how vital it was to have to have my most important data in alternate formats.
This program does it all: output to V-cards (a universal format), text, Excel, FMP. Put your data where YOU want it - especially nice if you need to print or do a mail merge. Best of All it does this with mind-numbing simplicity.
One Caveat: I write this while running one version older than 1.9.11 on the assumption that this is as bug-free as earlier versions.
BRAVO to the Dev.
I don’t need this app very often, but when I do I am always reminded how great it is. Want to list of your contacts that shows all the groups each on is in. Easy—just export names and groups.
I got some confusing results with groups and finally contacted the developer who enlightened me to the fact a group can be a member of another group! I had set up such a nested group accidentally and was surprised at the results I got. But now I think I could use this to my advantage. Thanks, Stefan!
Exporter for Contacts
Where is the manual or tutorial? I have wasted days trying to figure out how this app works. I’ve actually worked on it for several weeks and can’t get a simple spreadsheet out of it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 16, 2016
- Version: 1.9.11
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Stefan Keller
- © 2006—2016 Stefan Keller, subclassed.com
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor