By Chintan Ghate
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Export notes from Notes.app
- Notes are converted to markdown & store in plaint-text format.
- Creation & modification dates of notes are preserved.
- Notes are stored in directories named after the notebooks in which they are stored in Notes.app.
- Notes in same notebook having same name are renamed to avoid old notes being re-written by new ones.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Notes Exported Serially rather than in Batch.
- Progress feedback made instant.
YES! Preserves Created and Modified Date!!!!
A very simple app, sure- but with a critical functionality that no other AppleScripts or exporters (I could find) supported: PRESERVING ORIGINAL CREATION AND MODIFICATION DATES! That means when you export your notes they will be plain .txt files with the creation and mod dates the same as they are in Apple Notes. This was critical for me since I was moving over from Apple Notes to Bear (sorry Falcon, I’ll try you next if I don’t like Bear) and I wanted everything to stay the same in terms of order and original authorship info. Thank you so much for this simple yet extremely useful piece of software!!! Oh, and its also really pretty, yay design!
Perfect, single-purpose utility!
This was so simple to use, so pleasant to look at, and so perfectly suited for the thing I wanted to do: export my notes. Now, I have to check out other apps by this author to see if there are more beautiful apps that I don’t know about yet.
Thank you for making this...
…and for making it free. It works well. I would like to request the ability to select a folder to export individually rather than exporting the whole shebang.