When you look at a bright screen for long time your eyes get dry and it even leads to redness. Eyecare 20 20 20 is here to look after your eyes.
Do you spend good amount of time in front of a screen? If you answered yes to that question, this app is the solution to that problem.
Based on the popular 20-20-20 rule this app allows you to take care of your eyes.
To help you deal with this problem, the 20-20-20 rule suggests that after every 20 minutes, the computer user should take a break for at least 20 seconds and look at objects that are 20 feet away.
Eyecare 20 20 20 App is simple to use. Whenever you are going to start working on a computer, open the app and click Start. That's it. You can now close the app and it will keep sending you a notification every 20 minutes. Whenever you get that notification look away from your computer for about 20 seconds.
When you want the notifications to stop, just open the app and click stop. There is no setting or any complex steps to learn.
Made minor changes to UI to make it smoother.
Made it easier for you to give feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
(1) Update 2.5 supposedly added a vibrate event at end of 20 seconds of looking away. This doesn’t seem to be working. Could this be fixed, and could an alert tone play as well? Ideally, I’d love to see 2 switches on the settings pane for the end of the 20 seconds: a switch for vibrate and a switch for alert tone. That way, a user could select vibrate, or alert sound, or both, or none. For all alerts: it would be really neat if we could choose the sound that plays.
(2) Update 2.6 says “made it easier for you to give feedback”. I thought this meant a way to give feedback from within the app - if so, I couldn’t find it. The only way to give feedback seems to be by writing this review.
Other than that this app is super helpful and I truly appreciate what you’ve done!!! 😀
Thank you for your feedback, James.
1) We love this idea. We will implement it in our future version.
2) We will make sure the feedback screen is always there. For now, it appears after you have used it for some time.
Thank you for your feedback.
Bad execution of good idea
It’s hard to complain about free apps, but this app is pretty much useless. It’s basically just a 20-minute timer that resets itself. Only fractionally better than setting the timer on the clock app. So, it still runs even if you’re not using your phone. Which also means that it might tell you to take a break even if you’ve only been using your phone for two minutes. And, it’s constantly telling you to take a break even if your phone is lying on the table. For something like this to be useful, it should only run the timer when the phone is in your hands. Also, as another reviewer mentioned, it doesn’t tell you when the 20 second break is up. And, you either have to manually start the app or set it to run during certain hours. There should be an option for it to run all the time (but, again, only if it were to run only when the phone was actually being used). Great idea, but pretty useless in reality.
Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
I think you did not see our settings section as we have made the changes you are looking for.
1. You can have it running all the time. If you don't stop it manually it will keep running.
2. We also have a timer that tells you when your 20 seconds are over.
3. The reason we run it even when it is lying on table is because it is natural for us to get lost in work and forget about our eyes. This reminder will help you take a break every 20 minutes.
I hope that helps. Thank you.
A very helpful app
This is such a useful app for me. I knit and read for hours. Since including this app on my devices, it not only alerts me to look away, but I use it as a means to get in more exercise. When the alarm goes off, I get up and move for twenty seconds to two minutes. At my age, it is important that I move as well as exercise my eyes. I gave it a 4, because I would like if it had a stop and start alert, rather than just the one alert. However, when I read, I sometimes I will stop reading when I hear the alert, then come back to my book, when it goes off again. Thanks! This really helped me stop getting optical migraines from staring at knitting and pages!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.