This app is designed for use by all medical, nursing and allied health clinicians in Emergency Departments across New South Wales.
It provides a quick and simple guide to recognising important signs and symptoms, and management of common eye emergencies.
The app will also be of assistance in triaging patients to appropriate care within the health system.
The content within this app was developed by ophthalmic and emergency clinicians of the NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI).
These guidelines have not undergone a formal process of evidence based clinical practice guideline development however they are the result of consensus opinion determined by the expert clinician working group. They are not a definitive statement on the correct procedures rather they constitute a general guide to be followed subject to the clinician’s judgment in each case. The consensus opinion provided is based on the best information available at the time of writing.
To help with ease of use, this manual has a high graphic content, and is subdivided into anatomy, basic ophthalmic workup (history, examination, diagnostic techniques and treatment), and management of common eye presentations.
Each of the presenting conditions is subdivided into the following sections:
• Immediate action (if any)
• Follow-up - When to refer?
An number of the pages have been reviewed and updated.
- Agency for Clinical Innovation
- 64.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Agency for Clinical Innovation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.