EyeCare - save your vision
By Johnny Ixe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Save your vision by taking frequent breaks to help rest your eyes * Improve your eye health with EyeCare * Screen overuse or misuse can result in eye strain, dry eyes, headaches, fatigue, blurred vision or loss of focus. The American Optometric Association encourages tech users to follow the 20-20-20 rule: at least every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and look at something 20 feet away. EyeCare helps you to do this:
1. Start EyeCare before you begin using your computer at home or work.
2. Set the number of minutes between each rest, e.g. take an eye break every 20 minutes.
3. Tap Start. Now you can turn off your iDevice or exit EyeCare.
4. EyeCare works in the background and periodically alerts you to take eye breaks.
Remember to look away from your screen during the breaks X-)
With EyeCare and discipline, you can prevent Computer Vision Syndrome and have healthy vision.
With our SmartAlert technology, EyeCare works in the background to remind you to take a rest regularly. You can use your iDevice as per normal while EyeCare is active.
When an alert is displayed, tap Close to dismiss the alert, unless you want to stop EyeCare or change the break frequency. EyeCare will alert you again when it's time for the next break.
You can stop EyeCare anytime by tapping the red Stop button.
"Top 10 New & Noteworthy Medical App in USA" - Apple iTunes Store
Just what my eye doctor recommends
I love this app. It stopped my bad habit of working long hours continuously on my computer without resting my eyes. With this smart app, I would stop using my computer, look away from the monitor and check my phone whenever I get the regular alerts. This action really helps me to give my eyes a break from the computer screen as I am "forced" to switch my focus to my phone. And I like the cheerful and cute icon in the eye break reminder. No more eye strain problems anymore. Thank you Doctor EyeCare!
As someone has already written this app should be free for what it does. First of all it does not stop to countdown when you sleep your device and you will still be getting annoying popups for no reason. Secondly there is no way to autostart it somehow and when you turn it off with anger in situation like i just described you must also remember to turn it on again when you actually start doing something. Last thing i would mention is the lack of ability to measure this 20 seconds of relief to fullfill the 20-20 rule. Similar apps for pc simply make the screen black for chosen period of time and you don't have to push silly buttons to get back to work. To sum up: Y U SO DUMB?!
Great way to prevent myopia
Staring at your screen for too long will cause short-sightedness over time. This app helps me to give my eyes a break. It does not require you to keep the app open. This is great as I can use other apps on my iPhone and still get the reminders to take an eye break. This is much better than other apps that stop working once you exit the app.
- Category: Medical
- Released: Aug 25, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Johnny Ixe
- © XVision
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.