By Elgato Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.elgato.com/iphonehelp for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
What's New in Version 2.0.3
• General stability and performance improvements.
Works with LAN, router settings needed for WAN
I don't understand all the negative reviews.
For about five bucks I have another TV in my home.
Note that this is add on software for eyeTv that is running on your MAC. If you think this application is going to give you TV channels without the MAC's eyeTV application, you are mistaken.
This sure beats my cable TV providers iPad software and channels that it offers.
This works very well over the home local area network. One just has to change Apples software firewall settings in the security system preferences.
Amazingly, this will start up eye TV on my computer even though it was not previously running.
Getting this to Work outside the home LAN over the Internet (wide area network) is more difficult unless you have an Apple airport router.
I have DLINK routers that work well but are a little older without the latest port forwarding protocols. Accordingly manual port forwarding by changing some settings is going to be needed to get this to work outside my home. This is all due to the public IP address we all use when accessing the Internet. If you use a dynamic DNS service, I bet this would work better too.
They say this works over let/3G cell connection but you better have a great data plan because this will use significant bandwidth.
I took off a star because my router would not work immediately.
Connects but never shows a program
Can’t seem to make this work. It connects to the network and the computer, computer is running EyeTV, but program never plays. Tried selecting program directly from guide - no good. Tried “clicking” through channels to select, - still no good. Some support would be nice, but can’t find any. And, sadly, I’m sure there are no refunds. Wish I could set up a source of income like this - no working product, no support, just revenue! Any comment, Elgato?
Too bad the EyeTV app doesn't stream high quality video via AirPlay back to an AppleTV... Then it could compete with SimpleTV. The program guide could be much better, with improvements to view programming for more than one channel. It's a good start, but EyeTV is such a great product, why not do better?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 07, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Elgato Systems GmbH
- © 2009-2014 Elgato Systems GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.