WELCOME TO F1™ 2016
• F1 2016 is a stunning mobile racing game that puts players into the race seat of their FORMULA ONE™ heroes in a full season, single race and time trial on any of the 21 official circuits from the 2016 season.
• Experience a high quality Universal Purchase app which runs on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV in one single purchase, without In-App Purchases.
THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™
• Take on the world’s greatest drivers including MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team’s Lewis Hamilton, Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen, McLaren-Honda’s Fernando Alonso and Sahara Force India F1 Team’s Sergio Perez and many more, with 22 of the world’s greatest drivers and the 11 teams from the 2016 season represented.
• F1 2016 includes the full FORMULA ONE circuit roster of all 21 races from around the globe; including the brand new 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE held in the stunning city of Baku. The 2016 season also sees the return of the iconic Hockenheimring, with the GERMAN GRAND PRIX back after a year absence for the FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2016.
THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS IN YOUR HANDS
• A visually stunning game for all iOS 9 and 10 users, experience enhanced F1 gaming thanks to the cutting edge technology of the A10 chip, combined with Metal, on the newest Apple devices which combine to make the gameplay even faster and smoother. This allows the game to render 1.4 million polygons on-screen while also applying an array of console-level post-processing effects and multi-sampling anti-aliasing.
• These effects include depth of field, motion blur, vignette, chromatic aberration and colour grading. This all adds up to provide an unparalleled level of visual fidelity and immersion, never before seen within a FORMULA 1 videogame on any mobile device.
• Beyond visual quality, the game also utilises the iPhone 7’s Taptic engine to provide haptic feedback, while delivering stereo audio (driven by the 3D environment) through the iPhone 7’s dual-speaker setup.
FORMULA ONE AS YOU WANT IT
• For gaming on the go, F1 2016 offers unprecedented flexibility and game modes, with Season Mode, where you can compete through the full 2016 season in any order you want, and also Custom Season, for the first time ever, where you choose the length and included tracks to craft your perfect mini championship. Added to this are both Quick Race and the longer Race Weekend options, which include additional Practice and Qualifying events, as well as the challenge of setting the fastest times possible and competing against the global leaderboards in Time Trial or Weekly Event.
ULTIMATE RACING CONTROL
• Experience the thrill of F1 with the simple yet deep car handling model for full player control – with four control options including tilt and touch, a variety of steering assists and sensitivity, braking assists and camera tilt, all fine-tuned after years of making award-winning and best-selling F1 games.
CONNECTED WEEKLY F1 EVENTS
• Compete in time limited events with a new challenge every week.
• Battle to top the leaderboards, and even show off your records on Facebook.
• Please ensure that you have at least 2.67 GB of free space on your device.
• Contains direct links to the internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13.
• F1 2016 requires iOS 9 onwards, 1GB RAM minimum, Metal devices.
• iPad Air/iPad Air 2
• iPad Mini 2/iPad Mini 3/iPad Mini 4
• iPad Pro
• iPhone 5S/iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus/iPhone 6S/iPhone 6S Plus/iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
• iPod Touch 6th Gen
Various bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
F1 2016 is an extraordinary experience. It’s so immersive, we half-wondered why weren’t conducting TV interviews after each race. As we roared around the globe contesting the Drivers’ Championship, the official licensing made it all stunningly realistic, but the real star was the controls. The subtle tilt-to-turn handles perfectly, and the surge of acceleration is beyond satisfying.
Great game! Could improve....
First off I would like to say that this game is exceptional. I love the feel and the gameplay of this game. I only have 2 problems.
1. Controller. There is no ability to use a controller on this game. I would love to see controls for a controller for this game. I would play this game every single day. If they were to implement this into the game, I would like to see them let us have he ability to change and modify controls.
2. Career mode. The career mode has tons of tracks. I mean TONS. One problem I have with it is the lack of actual structure. Basically when you lead in you choose your company, then your driver. Then after that you basically have tons of races to practice, qualify, and then race. You get to choose one then go. They should make a structure or story where maybe you need to race to see how good you are to get recruited. Then, you get teams to offer you a contract then you choose. Then maybe you could have races set in place like on the console. (BTW you should get the game on console too it’s great!) Thank you so much for even reading over my comment. I love your guys work and keep it coming!
Hmm i love this - but no improvements after last update.
I've waited so long for Official F1 games and now here it is! Even there's some graphical unsatisfactory, i can say this is awesome ! Welcome back, codemasters!
And a year passed since last update, and there’s no update. The Haptic Feedback is making a lag, and the tilting control is not so sensitive. And when Braking, it cause braking lock, but i found there’s no such a thing in real F1 cars. I want to experience more simulation not the arcade style. Maybe you could update the game with suggestions from other users that are playing F1 games on consoles or PCs. And let the user set the difficulty from Arcade to Simulation like GRID™ Autosport which ported by Feral Interactive. And there’s no weather effects and no intermediate/Wet tires.
I wished the game had some graphical improvements by update but now they seems like not caring the game anymore. Even they are soft launched F1 mobile racing which has In app purchases. So sad about that:-/
- The Codemasters Software Company Limited
- 2.5 GB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation). Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Codemasters. Licensed by Formula One World Championship Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.