The Face2Face® Facial Palsy app is a tool designed to supplement treatment for facial paralysis caused by Bell’s Palsy, stroke, and acoustic neuroma. However, many of these patients avoid mirrors due to the anxiety of looking at their asymmetric facial features.
The Face2Face® Facial Palsy App mirrors the healthy side of the face over the unhealthy side; which allows for patients to exercise their facial muscles, while seeing their face wholly healthy. Mirror biofeedback therapy has been linked to positive outcomes in the treatment of idiopathic facial palsy.
Mirror book therapy is currently used for facial exercise activities. Kapios Health digitized this process and added instructional videos for at home use.
• Twice reflected split mirror encourages exercising the facial muscles.
• Facial training includes 6 basic facial expression exercises to get you started, and 9 advanced facial expressions which include new exercises to continue your facial recovery journey
•Guided video and audio instructions plus written instructions describing each facial exercise with corresponding image
This app offers a subscription which automatically renews each month for $9.99 (USD). The subscription includes:
· Unlocking all advanced exercises
· Ability to record exercises
· Access to Progress Tracker to view your videos and photos
· Ability to take progress photos
Your account will be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and notify you of the cost of renewal. Additionally, auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iPad’s system settings: “iTunes and AppStore,” select your email/Apple ID, and “Manage Subscriptions.”
Fixed support links
Ratings and Reviews
Little information available on how to use app
Aside from the introductory video that runs EVERY TIME you open the app I can't find any info on how many times I should perform the exercises in a session or how many sessions a day I should do or how long it will take to see results (months? years?). I sent a message with these questions to the email address provided and the message back as undeliverable. The developers only get half-credit for charging so much for such a user-unfriendly app.
Love the idea...but it doesn't always work. Lost data, too.
Great program - when it works. I'd love to rate it higher and hope improvements to the app allow me to do so in the future. I am an acoustic neuroma patient that suffers from post-craniotomy facial palsy. The program is really helpful when it works, but it keeps dumping my progress data which is frustrating to me (and to my PT). I'm hopeful improvements are coming!!
- Kapios LLC
- 196.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright (c) Kapios Health
- In-App Purchases
- Purchase Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.