* SEND A MESSAGE - Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
We have a handful of new features we're planning to introduce in the near future like color gradients, and a re-skinned interface. We will be gradually rolling this version out over the next few weeks - stay tuned, we'll be back with more soon!
This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and Reviews
Please improve the deleting of messages.
There are so many messages that I do not wish to see anymore, and at the rate I am going it will take me about five months straight to delete every single message individually. Furthermore, just like Instagram, Snapchat, and many other social media platforms, when you delete a message, it deletes from the other recipients inbox too. Is there a way to select and delete more than one message at once? That way I won't have to click multiple times in order to delete one message, but rather select several at once and delete them much easier. Furthermore, is there a feature in the future that will have the messages delete from the recipients inbox too? I'm sure this would save many people lots of time. There is no contact place for Facebook, and this is the only way I could find to directly write something.
Thank you, and please get back to me soon because I would really like to delete my messages without taking years to do so. :) Otherwise, I love the app.
I like it but...
It’s a good app, I use it daily to chat with friends. With the update that was released yesterday (6/22) it has stopped from deleting messages. It will say they are deleted but they stay there the entire time, they obviously are not deleted when the other person replies about that message. What if you’re in an argument and send something you don’t mean, then think let’s get rid of that because that’s too much, but it will not delete, causing a bigger problem. Things to add would include adding a seconds from activity thing, if someone is texting someone else then it will read “Active 1m ago” but if they actually just went offline it will also say “Active 1m ago.” To help people with anxiety like mine, make it so if they just went offline that it says “1 second ago” And should build up as seconds pass. Another thing is that if you’re left on read, if the person leaves you on read, but if they go back online on messenger or Facebook, a notification or reminder that the message was sent should be there, that or if they don’t reply on messenger then keep it there as if they never replied and take it off when they do. This is to stop people from forgetting about things and if people get tired of it then they can turn on “Mute Notifications.” Just some ideas and fixes.
This App is horrible.
As in the title, this app has a lot of bugs and it lacks many necessary features. I am only using it because it’s it connects me to my Facebook contacts, if it was an independent texting application, i would have never used it. Why when you add someone to a group, they can read every previous message? Why you can’t delete a message that you have sent (deleting it for the other person)? Why going offline (aka turning off chat) still shows you as “active now” but only with the green dot disappearing, so you are basically telling people “Hey, this person doesn’t want to chat with you”? Why does the video call button starts glowing when both you and the other person are opening the chat tab (so i might be reading an old message and the other person would think that i am stalking)? What about the profile picture bug? If someone (me or my friends) changes their Facebook profile picture, it won’t changes in messenger 99% of the times. Also when going to check pictures in an conversation, they might not load or load slowly. What about the “active 1 minute ago”? It appears always except if i turn the internet off in my device.
All those previous bugs, “features” and other lack of features make the app just horrible. Hope that you fix those bugs and remove those “features” and add other necessary ones.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 241.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.