* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
So normally I enjoy using messenger to chat with friends and family members. But mainly friends. It’s free and I can’t complain like most people. But since your company released the latest update now anytime I go to click on messenger to read my messages or reply it blacks out and kicks me out. It does this either once or sometimes twice making me retry a third time just to read a simple message or reply... As you can imagine this is truly upsetting. Apparently my friends who also own iPhone 8 also have this issue... I am wondering is there a number or email we can get ahold of to report this bug or issue...? This way your company can fix the issue.. Unless your company is well aware of the issue then can you kindly fix it? Otherwise we won’t be using messenger anymore. It will not just be one customer you are losing here. It would be a lot of users from what I am seeing... Thanks...
This App is horrible.
As in the title, this app has a lot of bugs and it lacks many necessary features. I am only using it because it’s it connects me to my Facebook contacts, if it was an independent texting application, i would have never used it. Why when you add someone to a group, they can read every previous message? Why you can’t delete a message that you have sent (deleting it for the other person)? Why going offline (aka turning off chat) still shows you as “active now” but only with the green dot disappearing, so you are basically telling people “Hey, this person doesn’t want to chat with you”? Why does the video call button starts glowing when both you and the other person are opening the chat tab (so i might be reading an old message and the other person would think that i am stalking)? What about the profile picture bug? If someone (me or my friends) changes their Facebook profile picture, it won’t changes in messenger 99% of the times. Also when going to check pictures in an conversation, they might not load or load slowly. What about the “active 1 minute ago”? It appears always except if i turn the internet off in my device.
All those previous bugs, “features” and other lack of features make the app just horrible. Hope that you fix those bugs and remove those “features” and add other necessary ones.
Sick, Sick, Sick
Once again I’m being forced to reinstall messenger??!! And you’ve added more surveillance features?! Someone else has already noted your B.S. notification policy (aka consumer manipulation and dominance strategy). Far as sending messages to people, yeah the app does that but so do the simplest message apps, and that’s your ONLY ONLY ONLY reason to exist as an app in the first place. Offer a simplified version, messages only, simple one time only turn off notifications option, and no video. That’s what a stand up company would do; but no, you’re NOT stand-up, are you? That’s not your way - you’re just sneaky, devious, and manipulative. There is no “convenience” to any of this, no “we’re just doing it to give you more options” about it. Ha ha ha, but the sick joke is on ME isn’t it? Eventually I’ll probably just reinstall the stupid thing and you know it. Your entire philosophy is about dominance if your consumers, isn’t it? What an ugly way to gain business, what a perverted way to treat your consumers. Eventually this is going to come back to bite you in the rear. Let’s see just how long it takes. I pity anyone who glurps and slurps down anything FB feeds them without complaint. The self-hatred you engender within me will one day soon drive me away.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 247.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.