By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keeping up with friends is faster than ever.
• See what friends are up to
• Share updates, photos and video
• Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts
• Watch and interact with live video
• Play games and use your favorite apps
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
What's New in Version 81.0
Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store regularly.
Every update of our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
Bloat & Bugs!! Less User Choice, Privacy Nightmare. 😡
DESPISE “Top Stories” Default & Separate Message App.
WHAT A PAIN!!! 170MB of what?!€#?@$?? Most recent “enhancements” are BLOAT.
• Who wants to see yesterday’s news by default instead of the latest?&(?!*@?~%>|?? Yuck!!
• New photo filters are plain ugly, bring back the old ones.
• A separate app just to message?? No advantage to user.
Offers basic Facebook functions. Easy to use, improving, updates fast but sometimes crashes when scrolling through comments.
I like that most account settings can be changed through the app.
Working with photos is cumbersome.
There is A LOT of basic stuff that cannot be done in the app. Needs ability to:
• Fully manage friend lists (create lists, add friends to lists, etc.) since it's the core of what little privacy Mr. Zuckerberg allows.
• Can't tag groups in posts, only friends.
• Ability to edit a link, caption, etc. and to not have to leave the URL in the text comment area when posting a link.
Pretty is as pretty does, so hold off on the bloat and a slick interface and first make the app DO useful things … things that USERS need.
Keeps me occupied
Having FB keeps me occupied when I have downtime. I don't watch cable so I can get updates on the news from my local stations via FB. It allows me to stay in touch with my friends & family much easier than snail mail & email. The most recent update isn't allowing me to Share Posts using the writing with them option. That seems to be the only issue right now. My only other complaint is having to have the messenger app. I liked when the fb app didn't need a secondary downloaded app for messages. It saved space and the messenger app doesn't alert me to messages.
Unable to download this app...
For the last few months, any time I would try to go to a business Facebook page, the app would crash immediately. I have been waiting for an update to come out to fix it, and never had a update. I thought that was strange since I used to get one at least biweekly. So I went to the App Store and discovered there has been a ton of updates that never showed up in my App Store. So I deleted the app in an attempt to reinstall it with all the update and hopeful that the problem was fixed. Only to have an error message pop up that says, "This update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later." So now I can not re-downloaded Facebook, or use it at all on my phone.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 25, 2017
- Version: 81.0
- Size: 296 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.