By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keeping up with friends is faster than ever.
• See what friends are up to
• Share updates, photos and videos
• Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts
• Text, chat and have group conversations
• Play games and use your favorite apps
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn’t run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
What's New in Version 34.0
Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks. You can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.
Every update of our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
Horrible!! Horrible!! And not improving!
1. Choices of photo filter when uploading become less and less than older version! Where is that function to make dark pictures lighten up automatically? Now i only have very limited filter to chose from, so i have to edit pictures with another app first, then upload to fb!!
2. Why the app takes more and more space? I tried not to click on any articles people share, but the app still goes up from 100mb to almost 1gb!!! I have to delete the app and reinstall it in order to reduce the space it used. But by doing this, i lost my better old version of this app and stuck with this horrible new version! Is it really that difficult to design an app without recording all the cache that fast?!
3. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING THAT MY FRIENDS LIKED!!!!! My wall are flooded with all irrelevant news, photos, stupid articles.... I do not want to block all my friends! I still want to see when they share pictures or update their life events. I don't want to see everything that they just simply click "like"!!!
6/24 iPad update is a MESS!!! 😡, July 2 just as bad!!!
Edit 7/3: the emergency "fixes" on July 2 didn't fix the draggy, laggy response. 😩 I'm seeing a lot on my page I don't want to see and it's all taking too long to respond and load. The only improvement I noticed was the ability to see albums on pages instead of just a bunch of photos. Let's speed things up properly!!!!!! 👿 #toomanyproblems 😝
What the heck, Facebook!!!??? The last update made the iPad version so draggy and laggy, it will drive me crazy!!! Freezes up, takes forever to respond! Total mess. Seems okay on my iPhone, but please FIX the iPad issues!!!! 😡😡😡 I agree with comments on tiny font. (Font size is awful on a laptop, too!) The fact that we cannot make Most Recent the default on the iPhone is infuriating. Another issue: notification re photo comments sends me to album and not the commented photo. That's been a problem for awhile. Sloppy programming. 😝😝😝
Poor design, poorly modeled that is poorly supported
So many crashes- sometimes can't use FB for hours at a time. It's the ONLY app on my iPhone that acts this way and I think Messenger is both a poorly designed and poorly executed app as well as the privacy issues make me feel violated every time I think about it. When you consider the fact that you can't run FB on the iPhone without first installing messenger, it reminds me of Obamacare. "You must buy it- if you don't we will fine you!!" Not to mention certain things are visible and a large amount of functionality is lost when using it on the iPhone. Overall, I think it's a bad app, a bad business model and is poorly supported. That's why last year I went 7.5 months without using FB at all.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 01, 2015
- Version: 34.0
- Size: 98.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.