By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Keeping up with friends is faster than ever.
• See what friends are up to
• Share updates, photos and video
• Get notified when friends like and comment on your posts
• Watch and interact with live video
• Play games and use your favorite apps
• Buy and sell items and services
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
What's New in Version 137.0
Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store regularly.
Every update of our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
Decent enough but poor design
There was a recent update to make the design more rounded and the fonts less contrast-y, which overall makes it feel more cluttered and is much more tiring on the eyes to read. It was good before with the wide squareness of it all and with more default font colors. The interface got out of the way and let you browse Facebook. Now I feel like it's encroaching on you and trying to make itself known - here's a clue... good design shouldn't be trying to make itself known; it should get out of the way so you can consume the content. The new design gets in the way and actually makes it harder to consume the content.
How come I am getting the very first Facebook when I started in 2009 it has the post settings still on it all the up dates I downloaded went some were else don't u people at that company check on your software my account kept crashing and u people would shut it down and u people never toke my name off so when I would come back after 30 days I would get the same account post again u got to take my name off of those accounts. Then I would get the one Ian supposed to have Janet Gizzi
One star for these infractions:
• Forcing users to download a separate app for messaging.
• The useless story feature which nobody uses, cluttering the top of the app.
• Images uploaded via the app are much lower quality than those uploaded on yhr desktop website.
• Forcing use of Top Stories News Feed, burying, and no longer saving preference for Recent Stories.
• No access to Facebook Live via the app; seems pretty basic, but somehow access is limited to live feeds found in your newsfeed, or starting your own.
• Facebook's Page promotion fee antics for businesses is also nonsense; FB is clearly only interested in their own bank accounts rather than user experience like they were in the beginning. This isn't something wrong with their app... Just their entire business structure.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 17, 2017
- Version: 137.0
- Size: 362 MB
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes