Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Glitch Fixes Needed
Developers need to fix two things: the first is releasing all new status background options to ALL users. I see other users get new background options on a regular basis, and yet, I have had the same 14 options for a long time now. The second thing developers need to fix is the perpetual number 1 on the badge app icon and within the app itself, even if there are no unread notifications. The app’s description in the App Store is that “To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store regularly” and that “Every update to our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.” We’ll, “new features” as of late haven’t been made available to me, and the only “reliability” I’ve encountered lately is the permanent number 1 on my notifications. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both my phone and tablet to no avail. The problems seem to be account-related as the issues affect my account when I use my laptop, where I don’t use an app. I’ve reported both the lack of status background options for my account as well as the notifications glitch. I’m not all that confident that developers will fix the problems. 🙁
Honestly Facebook has gone down the tubes within the past year or two. The fact that I have so many friends from high school and college and grade school, work ect, but only see about 8 of the same people is awful. The next thing is the fact it’s not only required to have the fb messenger app downloaded but updated as well. It won’t even allow safari to use it in the browser is so obnoxious. Then the fact that group will have so many members posting but yet the most recent of the ones are not immediately available. Even when the notification is clicked it shows posts from hours if not days ago. Appalling. It’s just so unorganized. So really the only way to view what actually notified you is to turn into the FBI agent you used to be when fb was still fresh top dog when MySpace became obsolete just to find the comment your friend replied to on a video in a group you guys are in. And of course last but not least of the downfalls is a video 45 seconds long gets interrupted mid sentence by a totally irrelevant ad or by something that was mentioned in a real life conversation which I just think is totally creepy. Sorry for all the rambling and riñón sentences but I’m just livid that apps force updates and crap when they’re crap and and making money from ads but then turn into their crappiest versions of themselves.
With a site so big glitches are expected, but I’m tired of going to most recent to see what my friends actually post just to see the same 3 friends’ posts. Typically I see 4 “new” posts (by New I mean ones I have yet to see not recent) then it shows me the highlights of my news feed or what people posted 3 weeks ago that I have yet to see. I have 60 or so friends, 10 don’t really use it, but I find myself only seeing posts from people I regularly talk to in messenger and that’s it. If I don’t talk to them in messenger Facebook doesn’t let me see their posts. I’ve even ensured I’m following them.
The next thing is the ads. It’s great Facebook is free and directs people to products they might enjoy, but when I say something is irrelevant why is it continuously shown? “Want some weight loss pills?” Nope I’m ok with being obese thanks. “How about diapers for a baby even though you don’t have one?” Nope. “Oh we noticed you enjoyed that video about makeup maybe you have acne.” Even if I did I wouldn’t care. Some of the ads are depressing, my husband and I can’t have children yet I’m constantly berated by ads about babies, even after I say hide ad, irrelevant, don’t show this again, or hide ads like this. It’s like showing an old person an ad for a funeral home. Can we please at least listen when people say “DON’T SHOW THIS!”
- Facebook, Inc.
- 461.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 95 Stars $1.99
- 250 Stars $4.99
- 530 Stars $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.