By Quatrian Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** FREE FOR THIS WEEKEND ONLY ***
* MOST user friendly BACKGAMMON app *
- Invite friends or play with random opponents.
- Rematch option at the end of a match.
- Game Center achievements and leader boards.
- Look for Game Center auto-match opponents while playing a local game
- Option to switch board home position and swap color.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network). Can be turned OFF.
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- FIBS-based rating and experience scores for completed Game Center matches.
- Progressive undo, replay last move, PIP values, doubling cube, human powered random rolls.
- Checkers are easy to select and move, with variable animation speed.
- Optionally show all possible moves for any piece, or use "one-tap" moves.
- Play 1, 3, 5 or unlimited-point matches.
- Resignation with 1, 2, and 3-times multiplier.
- Universal App: enhanced graphics for iPad and retina displays.
- Neural Network based advanced computer algorithm.
- Extensive settings screen allows users to customize their experience (see screen shots).
- Multiple dice rolling algorithms including web based rolls.
- Statistics screen: tracks games won, points won, matches won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- If the losing player disconnects from the game the winning player gets awarded the win.
- 60-second time limit per move for Game Center Auto-Match games.
What's New in Version 3.7.1
- Fix for Computer Match saving issue
Current v3.7.1 is horrible!
Ranked in the top 10 highest of members, I used to play against live opponents quite often here but with this latest software updates has non-stop crashes, lengthy waiting periods of 5-20 minutes with the average wait of of ~12 minuets to be (computer) matched with another player, and worse yet terrible player matching system since once at a higher rating, getting matched to play lower rated player because an exercise in nonsense since as a higher rated player has everything to lose while the lower rated opponent has next to none!
Computer stinks players don't for the most part...
The computer always wins but I don't play the computer. I play for the head to head combat of playing live people. Some are horrible and some are great. Always someone to play...
No real backgammon skills in game
It use to be at least playable but the updates have ruined it. It has no real Backgammon skills programed in and only wins by doubles and perfect rolls. If you play it enough you will be able to predict the rolls ahead of time and worst bad beats of any game I have played on my iPad. Only thing missing is a picture of it flipping you the bird when it wins.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 3.7.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Quatrian Inc.
- Quatrian Inc. © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- White Oak Board$0.99
- Maple Board$0.99
- Rosewood Board$0.99
- Cherry Wood Board$0.99