By Quatrian Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* MOST user friendly BACKGAMMON app *
- Invite friends or play with random opponents.
- Rematch option at the end of a match.
- Game Center achievements and leader boards.
- Look for Game Center auto-match opponents while playing a local game
- Option to switch board home position and swap color.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network). Can be turned OFF.
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- Skill rating, won games, won match points and experience scores for completed Game Center matches.
- Progressive undo, replay last move, PIP values, doubling cube, human powered random rolls.
- Checkers are easy to select and move, with variable animation speed.
- Optionally show all possible moves for any piece, or use "one-tap" moves.
- Play 1, 3, 5 or unlimited-point matches.
- Resignation with 1, 2, and 3-times multiplier.
- Universal App: enhanced graphics for iPad and retina displays.
- Neural Network based advanced computer algorithm.
- Extensive settings screen allows users to customize their experience (see screen shots).
- Multiple dice rolling algorithms including web based rolls.
- Statistics screen: tracks games won, points won, matches won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- If the losing player disconnects from the game the winning player gets awarded the win.
- 60-second time limit per move for Game Center Auto-Match games.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- Restored iPad pieces, dice and text size to previous version.
- Added animation to action messages to highlight the action required.
- Added Leaderboards and Achievements buttons to Game Center screen.
- Added match result to chat history
- Minor bug fixes.
Used to be good and enjoyable, but no longer
Each version gets worse, and this new version has not improved either. I used to like this game a lot, but the dice algorithm has gotten horrible. The computer almost always gets the rolls it needs to bump your pieces, but you don't get them to bump the computer's pieces. It's horribly one sided.
Despite assurances from the developer via email that people are seeing patterns and problems with the dice that do not exist, it is obvious something has gone wrong somewhere. I've always played at expert level. If nothing has changed, why has my winning percentage dropped from about 75% to less than 40%? I doubt I suddenly forgot how to play the game.
Hate the new version
After waiting for the new version to be compatible with my iPhone 6, I find that I hate the version. The animation of the movement of the pieces drives me crazy.
Going to delete the app.
Previous review ...
Updating my previous review to 2 stars. It has become absurd how one sided to the computer's advantage the game is in expert mode. It never gives a good roll when you are on the bar, whereas it gives itself perfect "get off the bar" rolls almost all the time. I grow weary of the one-sidedness.
I play this game very often in expert mode. It's challenging but it almost always rolls exactly to hit my open pieces. It also issues low combinations on the dice to me when I'm bearing off while rolling high number combinations and doubles to itself. It also asks to double when it knows it is about to do something that will really set you back. Therefore I usually do not accept its doubles. I think the developed made a good game but it seems fixed to me. I see other reviewers saying the same thing.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 19, 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Quatrian Inc.
- Quatrian Inc. © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.