By Quatrian Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* MOST user friendly BACKGAMMON app *
- Invite friends or play with random opponents.
- Rematch option at the end of a match.
- Game Center achievements and leader boards.
- Look for Game Center auto-match opponents while playing a local game
- Option to switch board home position and swap color.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network). Can be turned OFF.
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- FIBS-based rating and experience scores for completed Game Center matches.
- Progressive undo, replay last move, PIP values, doubling cube, human powered random rolls.
- Checkers are easy to select and move, with variable animation speed.
- Optionally show all possible moves for any piece, or use "one-tap" moves.
- Play 1, 3, 5 or unlimited-point matches.
- Resignation with 1, 2, and 3-times multiplier.
- Universal App: enhanced graphics for iPad and retina displays.
- Neural Network based advanced computer algorithm.
- Extensive settings screen allows users to customize their experience (see screen shots).
- Multiple dice rolling algorithms including web based rolls.
- Statistics screen: tracks games won, points won, matches won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- If the losing player disconnects from the game the winning player gets awarded the win.
- 60-second time limit per move for Game Center Auto-Match games.
What's New in Version 3.8.0
Auto-roll when on bar with no possible moves
Good but it cheats on expert level
Updating my previous review to 2 stars. It has become absurd how one sided to the computer's advantage the game is in expert mode. It never gives a good roll when you are on the bar, whereas it gives itself perfect "get off the bar" rolls almost all the time. I grow weary of the one-sidedness.
I play this game very often in expert mode. It's challenging but it almost always rolls exactly to hit my open pieces. It also issues low combinations on the dice to me when I'm bearing off while rolling high number combinations and doubles to itself. It also asks to double when it knows it is about to do something that will really set you back. Therefore I usually do not accept its doubles. I think the developed made a good game but it seems fixed to me. I see other reviewers saying the same thing.
Broken and flawed. Like the rest.
UPDATE: Finally gives me a better reason to find another app. I've wanted to quit this app for awhile because of its AI which makes obvious blunders, now that it barely works for iOS8 I can lay this one aside. Might come back just to give bad reviews though.
Noticed recently that you can offer the CPU to resign game and it will accept even though it has the opportunity for a gammon (worth more points). Developers should fix this easily.
As a backgammon fan and tournament player and after trying other iPhone backgammon apps this is one of the better apps in a slew of terrible backgammon apps. As for single player, the computer, CAN be challenging. He often makes some really bad decisions like leaving a pip exposed while up in the race for NO reason giving the player an opportunity to get back in the game. Give me more options for match length! The graphics are so so but definitely playable. Also I would like to see a roll for who goes first. Upgrade those and I would give it five stars.
Online play: I used to get matched up with another player right away in 3 or 5 game matches, now I am lucky if I can find someone to play in any match length.
Cheats sooooo bad
No one gets 10 doubles to come back from a losing a gammon to winning a gammon. And it's not isolated situations either. The game is rigged. It gets what it wants, when it wants it. It takes risks that no one in his right mind would and the risks pay off. This indicates that the computer knows what the dice roll will be for at least the next roll. It keeps your peace captured by giving you useless doubles. Computer lands on the first or second roll when there is only one place open in your home. It won't let you land when there is only one closed space. Gives you the double role for the closed space all the time.
It is shameless. Shameless! Waste of money.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 11, 2014
- Version: 3.8.0
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Quatrian Inc.
- Quatrian Inc. © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- White Oak Board$0.99
- Maple Board$0.99
- Cherry Wood Board$0.99
- Rosewood Board$0.99