By Quatrian Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* MOST user friendly BACKGAMMON app *
- Invite friends or play with random opponents.
- Rematch option at the end of a match.
- Game Center achievements and leader boards.
- Look for Game Center auto-match opponents while playing a local game
- Option to switch board home position and swap color.
- Text chat feature for all network games (Game Center, Local Network). Can be turned OFF.
- Play a Local Network game (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), against the computer, or a pass-the-device game.
- Skill rating, won games, won match points and experience scores for completed Game Center matches.
- Progressive undo, replay last move, PIP values, doubling cube, human powered random rolls.
- Checkers are easy to select and move, with variable animation speed.
- Optionally show all possible moves for any piece, or use "one-tap" moves.
- Play 1, 3, 5 or unlimited-point matches.
- Resignation with 1, 2, and 3-times multiplier.
- Universal App: enhanced graphics for iPad and retina displays.
- Neural Network based advanced computer algorithm.
- Extensive settings screen allows users to customize their experience (see screen shots).
- Multiple dice rolling algorithms including web based rolls.
- Statistics screen: tracks games won, points won, matches won, as well as dice roll statistics.
- If the losing player disconnects from the game the winning player gets awarded the win.
- 60-second time limit per move for Game Center Auto-Match games.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
- Speed up of piece animation on iPad.
- Minor product improvements & bug fixes.
Cheats sooooo bad
I noticed that all of the previous reviews are removed. I don't know why, but this game has at best a 3 star average, and this is why.
After the update, the cheating is worse. Again, No one gets 10 doubles to come back from a losing a gammon to winning a gammon. And it's not isolated situations either. The game is rigged. It gets what it wants, when it wants it. It takes risks that no one in his right mind would and the risks pay off. This indicates that the computer knows what the dice roll will be for at least the next roll. It keeps your peace captured by giving you useless doubles. Computer lands on the first or second roll when there is only one place open in your home. It won't let you land when there is only one closed space. Gives you the double role for the closed space all the time.
It is shameless. Shameless! Waste of money.
Last major version changes have been generally successful resulting in an app that I would recommend.
When in advanced mode and playing against the computer, it gives the computer rolls and combinations that aren't possible ever, doubles 3 times in a row and combinations to perfectly block. It's ok to be a tough adversary, but please be realistic.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 07, 2015
- Version: 4.0.3
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Quatrian Inc.
- © 2015 Quatrian Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.