Tired of being stuck behind the camera and always missing on your party shots ? FaceSnap turns your iPhone, iPod or iPad into your personal camera assistant that automagically captures photos when faces are detected in front of the camera. FaceSnap is also your perfect tool for hands-free selfies or for room surveillance.
In combination with Motrr’s Galileo robotic motion platform, FaceSnap will even spin around searching for faces and follow them once discovered.
FaceSnap features in detail:
* Supports Motrr Galileo: Your iPhone or iPod will automatically pan and tilt when searching for faces and track them when it is installed in a Motrr robotic motion platform. FaceSnap includes also a promo code for 10% discount in the Motrr webshop. Of course you can use FaceSnap also without a Motrr Galileo.
* Intelligent series: FaceSnap can capture a configurable number of images each time a face is detected. FaceSnap can even select automatically the best image of the series and discard for example blurred images.
* Smile detection: Makes sure you snap only happy faces (needs iPhone 4s or higher)
* Beautiful integrated media library: You can preview and delete your images directly in the app. Of course you can also export the best picture to your camera roll and share them directly via Email, AirDrop, Twitter or Facebook.
* Configurable timer to limit the rate at which pictures are taken.
* Supports both front and back camera.
* Three flash modes: Auto, on, off
Visit our website for more information or watch the FaceSnap demo video:
IMPORTANT NOTE: FaceSnap works best on an iPhone 4s or higher - face detection on an iPhone 4 runs at reduced frame rate and does not support detecting smiles.
* Optimized for iOS9.
* Includes latest Motrr SDK for improved Galileo performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Can't save to photos
Fun app but it currently it looks like you can't save images to Photos. There are other sharing options available but just saving to the phone isn't.
Can't get it to work
So I was really excited when I read about this app online today and immediately downloaded it. My excitement was short lived as I have not been able to get it to work yet. I pressed the "snap" icon and it shows "searching for faces" and although my giant mug is right there in the screen it can't seem to find me. The various settings are not responding to touch so until the bugs are fixed I have given up trying to use this. I hope the problems get fixed because it has the potential of being an awesome app!!
Wish this app would work for iphone 4 and up
It's a nice idea, but after downloading it which App store allowed me to it failed to work properly. Why? well from their support email they were kind enough (sarcastically) to let me know that "If I read the app description in full detail" there is a note ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM stating it only works for iPhone 4s and up. If there was a requirement to DL this app that my phone didnt have I should NOT be able to DL it, open it up and see that it partially works (just can't snap a picture).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.