FAD - The ultimate Fashion Dictionary
By Thomas Escher
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FAD is the first comprehensive Fashion Dictionary App available. Over 1,500 entries give you explanations of anything fashion related from Labels and Retail Stores to Fabrics and Sewing. A special Jargon chapter gets you hooked up with today's most common fashion lingo. Hence, FAD caters to Fashion Workers and Fashionistas alike. With its offline feature, this App will serve you as a tremendous fashion cheat sheet anywhere you go.
- More than 1,500 fashion terms.
- Instant Search in-app or via Spotlight (iOS 9).
- Runs Offline – no internet connection required.
- 22 main categories make it easy to navigate.
- Related Articles give you further browsing suggestions based on your search.
- Particular terms can be added to your "Favorits".
- All contents are shareable through Social Media and Messages.
- Supports iPhone 6S features such as "quick actions" and "peek and pop".
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT US:
"This Fashion Wiki will be NYFW's best friend"
"This App will help you improve your fashion lingo"
— Harper's Bazaar
"Knowing what you are talking about is always in style."
"FAD has the potential to become a real learning tool
for students and fashion enthusiasts alike"
— Viral Fashion
"Best feature: The ultimate Fashion Dictionary works even without internet connection"
"Consider this to be your personal fashion dictionary"
What's New in Version 1.5.0
- Added 100 new dictionary terms.
- Search indexing for iOS 9: Lets you find all articles via Spotlight search. Tapping an item directly links to the full article in FAD.
- Support for the iPhone 6S "peek and pop" feature: Lets you trigger article previews by force-touching on list items.
- "Quick actions" let you instantly launch search, favorites or history entries by force-touching the app icon on an iPhone 6S.
Thorough & Educational
Love this APP and totally worth the price. From the lingo, designer news, fashion vocabulary and more, this app has everything you’ll need to buy and sell online or just for fun. They list everything from Arden B to Zoran. Definitely a must have!
Very helpful and informative! Wish it had pictures so you can see actual garments or proper way of using the items.
Could be better
Pretty basic terms that most people in the industry are familiar with. Would be better if the terms are shown with pictures of examples.