BVG FahrInfo Plus Berlin
By EOS UPTRADE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get up-to-date schedules and trip plans for Berlin's public transport system. It's simple and intuitive, pick your departure and arrival stations and get a list of the next best connections to your destination.
- information on connecting service
- display of departures
- purchase of mobile tickets
- map with nearby stops, stations and car2go rentals
- public transport network maps
- display stations nearby with the support of Augmented Reality
BVG FahrInfo Plus Berlin is the journey planner and mobile ticket shop published by the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) for the Transportation Association Berlin-Brandenburg (VBB) in the tariff zones Berlin AB, BC and ABC. The app includes all means of transport within the Transportation Association Berlin-Brandenburg (VBB), including Underground and S-Bahn, Tram, Bus and Ferry as well as regional trains. Setting the departure and destination will show the next journeys to your destination and appropriate mobile tickets ready for purchase.
For Berlin, tariff areas are defined and divided into tariff zone A, B, and C. Tariff zone A covers Berlin's inner city up to and including the urban rail ring. Tariff zone B covers the area outside the urban rail ring up to the city boundary. Whereas tariff zone C includes Greater Berlin (area approx. 15 km around the State of Berlin), including the City of Potsdam. Mobile tickets are available for the tariff zones AB, BC and ABC.
BVG FahrInfo Plus Berlin contains the following features:
* Purchase of mobile tickets, payable by credit card or direct debit for the tariff zones Berlin AB, BC and ABC.
- Short-trip ticket (Kurzstrecke) (reduced and bicycle fare are also available)
- Single ticket (Einzelfahrausweis) (reduced and bicycle fare are also available)
- Extension ticket (Anschlussfahrausweis)
- Day ticket (Tageskarte) (reduced and bicycle fare are also available)
- Small group day ticket (Kleingruppen-Tageskarte) (for up to 5 people)
- Berlin WelcomeCard (for 48 hours, 72 hours, Museum Island and 5 days)
- Berlin CityTourCard (for 48 hours, 72 hours and 5 days)
* Journey planner
* Display of departures
* Additional settings
- Save favorite journeys
- Alerts on upcoming departures or connections
- Choose a contact as the destination of your journey (optional)
* Map of surrounding stops and stations including the locations of available car2go carsharing vehicles
* Scalable network maps (offline)
You need a connection to the internet to use features like the journey planner, departure board and mobile ticket shop. You can access a purchased and downloaded ticket at any time without connection to the internet.
What's New in Version 4.0.12
Showed all the Stops
Was recommended by my Hotel Velvet Receptionist & was she correct. App shows (in English) when next train, tram, bus, or underground is coming. How to walk to pick up point (on their built in map) from current location. What connections are (if you expand view). Direction your transport needs to be going (very important!) ie bus or trains final destination. And if expanded how many stops along the way. CAUTION: you do have to know the destination stations name your going TO, You can't just use street address with #.___ However you can usually find that location in another maps app & they should display nearest destination station(s). Otherwise great app.
Everything you need / unneeded detail
I found this app extremely useful to find suggested routes through the city. The interactive map is amazingly useful. However, the timing was unreliable. U just used their suggested routs, ignoring the useless precision to which the app claims the Berlin transport system follows (all the buses were late anyway and even the trams were off time a bit as compared to the app). Overall, it was an invaluable aid to our visit through the city.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 4.0.12
- Size: 30.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: EOS UPTRADE GmbH
- © 2014 EOS UPTRADE GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.