Public Transport Tickets Made Easy
HOW DOES FAIRTIQ WORK?
All you have to do is check-in, hop-on… …hop-off and check-out. FAIRTIQ automatically detects the travelled distance and calculates the best price. Should your single trips exceed the price of a day pass, you’ll only be charged the cheaper tariff.
WHERE IS FAIRTIQ AVAILABLE ?
You can use FAIRTIQ with all Public Transportation Companies for journeys within the following regions (a region is a group of communities/networks):
- A-Welle (canton of Aargau)
- Arcobaleno (canton of Ticino)
- AUTO AG Uri (whole network)
- Frimobil (region Fribourg)
- Libero (region Bern-Biel-Solothurn)
- LIEmobil (Liechtenstein)
- Mobilis (canton of Vaud)
- Onde Verte (canton of Neuchatel)
- Ostwind (eastern Switzerland)
- Passepartout (region Lucerne)
- Rhätische Bahn (whole network including all Transportation Companies in Engadin Mobil)
- Stadtbus Chur (urban area of Chur)
- STI (region Thun)
- Tarifverbund Schwyz (canton of Schwyz)
- Tarifverbund Zug (canton of Zug)
- TNW (canton of Basle and Basle country)
- Unireso (canton of Geneva)
- ZVV & Z-Pass (canton of Zurich)
MEANS OF PAYMENT
With FAIRTIQ you do not need change; just pay cashless with one of the following options:
- Swisscom Easypay
By travelling with FAIRTIQ at least 5 days during a calendar month, you get a credit corresponding to 5% of the price of the tickets used for journeys inside one of the participating communities.
FAIRTIQ makes sure, that you check-out. Should you ever forget to check-out, we will remind you.
If there is a ticket inspection, just open the app and click on “View Ticket”.
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Improvements in version 4.0.6:
Fixed issues when travelling using iPhone 4s, 5 or 5c
This version of FAIRTIQ doesn’t include the Apple Watch integration (this feature will be back in a coming update)
Thanks for using FAIRTIQ! We care about the quality of our app and continuously improve it. Thanks to your feedback we implemented a number of improvements and bug fixes.
Want to see your feature in this list? We would like that too. Send us any feedback on how to improve FAIRTIQ at feedback@FAIRTIQ.com
Ratings and Reviews
Do not use blindly
The concept of this app is really cool. Turn it on, get on a bus, train, etc. and get the bill at the end of the day, adapting to the best ticket fare.
The best ticket fare, really? Well, you better check that before, not to get bad surprises.
For long time, it existed only a few types of price fares for train in Switzerland, but now it exist half a dozen if not more. Specially, a new super-reduced ticket is available for specific trains, which you have to check.
I wrote to FAIRTIQ asking if their system would recognise when a specific ride offers the super reduced price and I got no answer. Which means no... As the super-reduced ticket is 50% cheaper, there is little chance you get the best price using this app.
So compare prices for the ride you are considering beforehand.
Could be nice if only...
Very good idea, but I couldn't use it as they don't accept Amex. Worse: they don't accept ApplePay. This is ridiculous not to use built-in payment options.
Das Beste seit geschnittenem Brot!
Die App könnte aber noch schneller aufstarten.
- Fairtiq AG
- 62.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Fairtiq AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.