Fairy Tale Fashion
By CYNDA MEDIA LAB LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Fairy Tale Fashion was a unique and imaginative exhibition on view at The Museum at FIT in New York City from January 15 – April 16, 2016. This exhibition examined fairy tales through the lens of high fashion. In versions of numerous fairy tales by authors such as Charles Perrault, the Brothers Grimm, and Hans Christian Andersen, it is evident that dress was often used to symbolize a character’s transformation, vanity, power, or privilege. The importance of Cinderella’s glass slippers is widely known, for example, yet these shoes represent only a fraction of the many references to clothing in fairy tales.
Organized by associate curator Colleen Hill, Fairy Tale Fashion featured more than 80 objects placed within dramatic, fantasy-like settings designed by architect Kim Ackert. Since fairy tales are not often set in a specific time period, Fairy Tale Fashion included garments and accessories dating from the 18th century to the present. There was a particular emphasis on extraordinary 21st-century fashions by designers such as Thom Browne, Dolce and Gabbana, Tom Ford, Giles, Mary Katrantzou, Marchesa, Alexander McQueen, Rick Owens, Prada, Rodarte, and Walter Van Beirendonck, among others.
• Explore the highlights from the Fairy Tale Fashion exhibition
• Become immersed in a multimedia design optimized for mobile devices
• Enjoy the Fairy Tale Shoes section exclusively designed for this digital publication
The Official Museum at FIT Website:
Fairy Tale Fashion Hardcover on Amazon:
Fairy Tale Fashion Exhibition Information:
This digital publication is designed, developed, and published by Cynda Media Lab LLC in collaboration with The Museum at FIT
- Category: Shopping
- Released: Jun 30, 2016
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: CYNDA MEDIA LAB LLC
- © 2016 The Museum at FIT
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.