The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians is an RPG Dungeon Crawler game, in First Person View, inspired by classics like Dungeon Master™ and Might & Magic®, but featuring a modern tactical combat based on the triptych “tank/damage dealer/healer” mechanism coupled with the threat & aggro system and an active pause.
IndieGameReviewer : Score 4/5 ; "The combat is exquisitely balanced" => http://indiegamereviewer.com/review-the-fall-of-the-dungeon-guardians/
Defunct Games : Score B+ ; "addictive adventure game worth exploring" => http://www.defunctgames.com/courant/951/the-fall-of-the-dungeon-guardians
GamesFiends : Score 16/20 ; "a lot of love towards classic dungeon crawlers of the 16bit era" => http://gamesfiends.com/pc/the-fall-of-the-dungeon-guardians-pc-review/
A Call For Adventure :
Enter a big, massive dungeon, full of danger, mystery and secrets.
Fight your way through hordes of enemies and powerful creatures.
Explore intricate corridors, underground palaces, mines fallen into oblivion and evil crypts.
Solve puzzles, avoid deadly traps, uncover hidden passages, and keep your bearing through mazes & hallways.
Character Building :
You’ll take command of a party of 4 guardians. Each guardian comes with a set of spells & abilities, with new ones appearing over the course of the adventure.
For each new level reached, the guardians get a point to use in their talent trees, allowing them to reinforce their abilities or gain new powers.
There are 4 classes to choose from: the warrior, the healer, the mage & the rogue. Each class has 3 specializations represented by a talent tree, and each specialization comes with its own set of abilities. So you have 12 base build-ups. In addition, your guardians can choose freely to spend their talent points in any of the 3 specializations of their class, allowing for even more varied set-ups.
The dungeon is filled with loot: epic armors, legendary weapons and mystical, magical items. Often when you kill a group of enemies, they’ll drop a random piece of equipment that one of your guardians can use, raising more and more of their powers.
Evolved Combat System :
The combat is focused on the triptych “tank/damage dealer/healer” mechanism, coupled with an exciting threat mechanism: your healer’s spells directly threaten all the enemies nearby, and thus your tank must use his abilities to attract their wrath and protect the healer. The tank must then be able to mitigate a lot of the enemy damage using his defensive skills.
Your last 2 guardians will be the damage dealers, trying to kill the enemies as fast as possible, while they’re busy with the tank.
All guardians get a lot of abilities and not only will using the right one at the right moment be essential to your party’s survival, but also combining different abilities in sequence to maximize their efficiency will be required to vanquish your strongest foes.
It sounds like a lot, but fortunately the game comes with an active pause: you can pause the game whenever you feel like it, check everything, queue the next abilities for your guardians, and then resume the game.
You don’t like tanks, or you don’t like pausing the game? No problem, just lower the game difficulty, and you’ll be able to play without a real tank or pausing. You can precisely tune the difficulty at any time during your exploration.
Game Features :
- 4-character Party
- Grid-based movement: your party moves 1 square at the time, and turns by a quarter
- First person view
- 4 classes, 12 specializations
- 5 playable races : human, dwarf, elf, dark elf, halfling
- Active pause (ie: you can pause the game and still queue commands for your party members)
- 25-50 hours of gameplay, depending on your own skills and the difficulty settings
- 20 bosses, each with an unique strategy
- 100 kinds of creatures (including variations)
- Puzzles (the few ones required to finish the game are easy to solve)
- A lot of tactical combat
- Built-in Map Editor & Modding support
Version v1.0j Build 61
New Features :
- Engine : updated to Unity 5.6.4p4
- GUI : added "Critical Chance" in the tooltip of the damage numbers (when there's a Critical roll)
- GUI : when you don't have any selected target, you can see all enemy frames in cell on front of your Party by adding this line in Dungeon.ini, under [Gui] :
Code: Select all
ShowAllEnemy = 1
- Inventory : added a warning the 1st time your inventory gets overweight
- AI : now Evil Watchers, Chaos Watchers & a couple other enemies have homing projectiles, which means you can't actively dodge them anymore ; this will make more clear that the Evil Watchers are there to test your healing capability (and your aggro rotation in harder difficulty levels) and not your dodging reflexes, and thus you'll be more ready for the tough Bosses
- Talent : raised Necromancer Last Breath Haste bonus from 2 to 4%
- Talents : Necromancer's Angry Spirit now also raises Hit Chance by 3/6/9%
- Talent : raised by 20% the bonus of Ranger's Focused Hunting
- Talents : Necromancer's Talent Shadow Army tuned down to 10/20% damage reduction over 9s from 15/30% over 8s.
- Talent : Druid's Dance of Star heals over 12s instead of 8s
- Abilities : now taunts abilities can't miss
- Ability : Threat Transfer abilities now work in all situations like their tooltip says
- Abilities : stacked DoT abilities without final effect now last a bit after their last tick if it's needed to reach their total time, so it gives more time to add stacks
- Abilities : revamped Man At Arms' Warcry as stacking 3 of them was way too powerful ; so it has been nerfed to 25s duration with a 2-min CD from 45s/3-min (as a side effect, this also makes the talent Drums of Doom a bit more interesting), and switched Deadly Assault with Overwhelming Blow in the Execution Talent and in the Ability list, so it won't become OP when used during Warcry
- Combat : Buffed a bit the Hit & Expertise enchantments, and slightly raised the difficulty to compensate
- Combat : raised a bit the difficulty in the last third of the game, so it'll be closer to the beginning of the game instead of getting a bit easier
- Localization : Italian translation fixed & enhanced
- Localization : changed 2 attribute names in Spanish to make them more understandable
- Localization : added a couple missing sentences in German
- Localization : French proof-read by Alexandre "All_zebest" Mangin
- Fx : projectiles don't go through walls anymore
- Boss : Increased Dark Decay Damage for difficulties above Strategist
- Boss : Raised damage of Boss 6's Light Avatar's Sniper Arrow by ~200% and Shadow Avatar's Rain of Arrow by 15%
- Boss : Raised damage of Boss 10's Sniper Arrow by ~33%
- Boss : tuned a bit the Boss # so it'll be a bit harder to just out dps her
- Boss : raised melee damage all of the Bosses by ~10-15%, as since the 3-Level fix of Build 59 on last November, they were not strong enough (because their hit-table was actually calculated with their opponent Level instead of their own Level minus 3, which is fixed now)
- Boss : Seriously buffed damage of Boss 18, and a bit of Bosses 14 & 15
- Boss : Final Boss damage significantly raised and raised a bit damage of Boss 16
- Class : lowered global damage of the Rogue by 5% to compensate the extra damage produced by the bug fixed below
- Enemies : Skeletons have now 0% resistance against Holy instead of 5% (which is hidden from the GUI), and the Skeleton Footman and Warlord have now some armor
- GUI : the red/purple/pink outline is now a bit more visible
- GUI : 4-sword mouse over tool is now rotating even when the game is paused
- GUI : the little Purple ball on character portraits is now shown before hit while casting (this shows when the hit occurs during the cast)
Plus Many Bug fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.