Family Practice Notebook is a rapid access, point-of-care medical reference for primary care and emergency clinicians. Started in 1995, this collection now contains over 6100 interlinked topic pages divided into a tree of 31 specialty books and over 700 chapters. FP Notebook’s content is updated monthly with systematic literature reviews and conferences. Please purchase an auto-renewing subscription to receive the latest content.
The text content for this mobile application is identical to its online counterparts: fpnotebook.com and fpnotebook.com/mobile.
Although access to this application is not restricted, the information found here is intended for use by medical providers. Non-clinical users may find the material challenging to understand, and should address specific medical concerns with their medical providers.
• Subscriptions can be purchased on a monthly basis (1 monthly content update) for $1.99 or on a yearly basis (12 monthly content updates) for $19.99.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase.
Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The amount charged will depend on whether your subscription is renewed monthly ($1.99) or yearly ($19.99).
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Apple ID’s account settings after purchase. Please see this page for steps to cancel your subscription: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
• Your subscription will never be cancelled or otherwise revoked by us during the active subscription period.
Framework maintenance update
Ratings and Reviews
Love this App
I am in a rural university based FM residency which due to our geography results in constant cases which become very complex requiring specialties that we do not have. This app and website has been amazing when trying to manage these patients both from an acute and chronic standpoint.
App is so good. Fantastic for common hospital problems and how to manage them. Also the clinical pearls that are added gives it that charm that makes it fun to read. Finally being able to search many topics is the cherry on top. So useful.
Best free general medical reference in existence.
App is a wrapper abound the web site, which is a labor of love with well managed ad support. Site is particulary strong on emergency medicine but covers a very wide range of topics. Updates are better than most other references. Surprisingly strong anatomy reviews.
Aimed at physicians, but readable by laypeople with science or clinical background.
Up To Date is comparable but costs hundreds of dollars a year.
I can't tell what one gets for the In-App purchases. It might be a good way to contribute to the site, I'm going to research that.
- Atmosphere Apps, Inc.
- 73.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018, Family Practice Notebook, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Annual Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.