FamZoo Family Finance
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Thank you for the FamZoo service! It has really helped my kids understand money, budgeting and saving. It’s also way more convenient than cash for me and for them!”
~Matt H., Derby, Kansas
FamZoo helps kids, teens, and parents develop good personal finance habits without the hassle. FamZoo is a collection of prepaid cards for your family. The cards are linked together by our award-winning app filled with family finance features that reinforce good money habits. (If your kids aren’t quite ready for our cards, you can use FamZoo’s IOU accounts to track money held elsewhere.) Use FamZoo to manage your family’s spending, saving, charitable giving, allowances, chores, budgets, goals, loans, and much more.
IT’S EASY TO GET STARTED
Sign up for a free trial by visiting FamZoo.com in your browser using any device. Register your family and order your prepaid cards or set up your IOU accounts in just minutes. No credit check required. Easy online verification.
After initial setup, your registered family members can use this app or any browser (mobile or desktop) to access FamZoo anytime, anywhere.
FAMZOO IS PERFECT FOR:
• All ages — preschool through college.
• Avoiding credit card debt, overdraft fees, and other hidden fees.
• Moving money instantly between family members (like in emergencies!).
• Purchasing items safely online and in stores.
• Managing your child’s allowance.
• Tracking chores and odd jobs.
• Keeping kids (and parents) on budget.
• Maintaining parental control, while empowering kids.
• Handling money requests, reimbursements, and IOUs between family members.
• Teaching your children the power of compound interest, the dangers of debt, the rewards of hard work, the importance of staying on budget, and the wonders of charitable giving.
• Customizing your virtual bank to emphasize your family’s own unique values.
SEE OUR FULL LIST OF FEATURES: famzoo.com/faqs
NOTE: FamZoo cards are only issued in the United States. IOU accounts are available everywhere.
WHY PEOPLE LOVE AND TRUST FAMZOO
• Winner of the Finovate 2011 and 2013 Best of Show Awards
• Winner of the FinCon 2015 Judge’s and People’s Choice Awards
• Featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TIME, NPR, PBS, Headline News, Money Magazine, and Family Circle.
• Featured in the New York Times bestselling book “The Opposite of Spoiled” by Ron Lieber, personal finance columnist for the New York Times.
• Featured on top personal finance podcasts including “Stacking Benjamins” and Farnoosh Torabi’s “So Money.”
• “No one has attacked the issue more thoroughly than FamZoo.com...Everything I wanted.” ~Dan Kadlec, TIME
• “A wonderful app that enables you to teach your kids financial management in a way that fits with your busy life.” ~Caren Merrick, women2.0
• “Among FamZoo’s many clever teaching tools is the ability to pay (and automate) interest on savings balances at whatever rate the parent sets. This allows a parent to demonstrate compounding and growth in a fraction of the time it would take a bank savings account.” ~Kimberly Rotter, Credit Card Insider
• “‘Let’s check FamZoo’ has become a common phrase in our house.” ~Danielle Beerli, The Well Organized Mom
• Your most sensitive data like SSNs and card account numbers are never stored on FamZoo servers; it is managed by our MasterCard® Network certified, PCI DSS compliant, SSAE 16 compliant, and Regulation E compliant card processing partner, TransCard.
• FamZoo prepaid card accounts are FDIC insured.
• FamZoo cards can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted, in stores and online.
• FamZoo has been serving families since 2006.
• “I truly appreciate your customer service. It’s above and beyond expected from today’s business. Keep up the brilliant work.” ~Maricio D.
GOT QUESTIONS? famzoo.com/faqs
NEED TO TALK? famzoo.com/contactus
What's New in Version 3.0
Support for iOS9.
Full use of larger screens.
Access to checklists and more.
No more allowance guilt
I struggled every week to have cash to pay allowance, so mostly it wasn't paid. Being young, my kids didn't really care too much, but they also weren't learning how to handle money either since I'd often give in and buy that trinket out of guilt knowing that I owed them allowance. FamZoo has totally solved that problem since the money is effectively virtual. I literally can't forget to pay it since it is automated and never need to make change. My kids are now engaged with learning about finance with the tools to track saving, and we get to talk again about the useless stuff they spend money on when we review their spending every couple of weeks: "so here's that $2 you spent on the funny pencil. Do you still think that was worth the money? (And by the way do you even know where it is?)
Tip: check out the blog from the earlier days of the app as well as the associated family finance favs blog for some great ideas about how to get more from the app (love the "could have earned" account where we note how much was spent on stuff that just wasn't worth it as well as jobs they passed on so they can start to connect long term financial effects to short term decisions) and how to approach finance education with your kids.
Great way to manage allowance
I have been using this app for several years, and I love it. No more jars of money, no more forgetting to bring cash to the mall, no more forgetting to dole out allowances every weekend. This solves all of those problems. When my kids want to buy something, I just say, "yes, let's see how much money you have." A few taps on my phone later, and they are deciding whether or not to spend their money. In addition to the weekly money going in to the account, my older son has monthly deductions (for his portion of the phone bill, and the meal program at school.) He gets a large allowance, and is learning about ongoing expenses. He's very proud that he is the only kid among his friends who "pays for his i.e. phone bill." We would be spending that money anyway; this puts the financial choices in his control. Customer service is very responsive,too.
Great app - better customer service
Best intentions are laid to waste if not executed upon. As my kids were younger, I planned on giving them a weekly salary and the opportunity to earn bonuses. If they earned $x.xx in a week, I wanted to split their earning to be designated for three categories spend/save/give. Additionally, I wanted to help my young'ings understand the benefits of savings with a matching dollars (I call it the 401Dad program) and aggressive interest paid on savings.
The complexities of my plans made it difficult if not impossible for me to execute consistently.
FamZoo has helped me set it up and has been there for every step of the way. Their FAQs answer most questions I may have but their customer support crew regularly returns e-mail inquiries within hours.
This is my first app review ever but I took the time to write this because I feel that strongly about FamZoo and the need to provide kids with financial education.
My oldest just bought his own first car with his own money and my 10 year old just bought $500 in stock with some of his savings.
Use FaZoo and take the time to dig into it and do it right. If you are looking for a simple allowance managment system, FamZoo will meet your needs too but I call all but guarantee you will do more with it than you anticipated.