Fandango Movies - Times + Tickets
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Fandango - the #1 movie ticketing app. Get the latest showtimes, guarantee tickets, browse Rotten Tomatoes® scores and watch trailers.
Start using Fandango for iMessage:
1. First, make sure you’ve installed the latest versions of the Fandango app and iOS 10.
2. Open iMessage, tap into a conversation or start a new message, and tap the App Store icon to expose available app extensions.
3. If you don’t see Fandango in your available apps, make sure Fandango is switched by selecting ‘Store’ and then the ‘Manage’ tab.
4. That’s it! Now you’re ready to browse showtimes and buy tickets with friends.
Browse Movies + Theaters:
• Discover new movies, browse showtimes and buy tickets without ever leaving iMessage.
• Instantly browse showtimes, special offers & more with Spotlight.
• Filter movies by genre, MPAA rating & format, including IMAX & 3D.
• Save your favorite theaters & movies and score insider perks like free movie screenings, digital downloads, special discounts and more with Fandango VIP.
• Watch high-quality trailers, exclusive interviews & browse movie photos.
• Find theaters using the iOS location feature, view them in a list or map & get directions.
• View theater amenities (Reserved Seating, Mobile Ticket, etc.).
• Navigate, share & favorite with peek and pop functionality for 3D touch phones.
• Can’t make your movie? You can now return or exchange your tickets up until posted showtime for a refund or Fandango credit.
• With Fandango VIP, safely store your credit card for faster purchases & find your purchase history.
• Save your Fandango partner theater rewards cards & earn points.
• Tap Go Now to find a movie playing near you within the next 90 minutes.
• Add your Mobile Ticket barcode to Passbook (participating theaters only; look for the Mobile Ticket icon; iPhone/iPod Touch iOS 6+ only).
• Go straight to the ticket-taker to have your barcode scanned with Mobile Ticket (participating theaters only; look for the Mobile Ticket icon).
• With Apple Watch, view your countdown-to-showtime clock or directions to the theater and head straight to the ticket-taker to have your Mobile Ticket barcode scanned directly from your wrist (participating theaters only).
Share + Sync:
• Rate + Review movies from the app & share with other Fandango users via Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
• Access your account and safely authorize purchases with touch ID.
• We’re now delivering what you need to know directly to your in-app mailbox. Don’t miss out on exclusive deals, the hottest trailers & more!
• Sign in to Fandango VIP to refund or exchange your tickets up until the posted showtime and score insider perks like free movie screenings, digital downloads, special discounts and more. Don’t have an account? Create one now to save your details for faster checkout.
• Link your Disney Movie Rewards account directly to your Fandango VIP account and earn points for seeing Disney movies.
• Use Apple Pay at checkout for faster and more secure ticket purchases.
Extras for iPad:
• Tap in to The Pulse for a real time snapshot of what’s selling on Fandango.
• Scroll through photos & videos – all optimized for iPad’s retina display.
Thanks for using our app! We appreciate your feedback and would love to hear from you. Send suggestions and issues to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 8.0
Level up movie night with our latest updates for iPhone, iPad and iMessage.
• Planning a night out with friends? Got a hot date? Now you can search for movies without leaving your text conversation with Fandango for iMessage.
• Fandango for iMessage now supports Apple Pay for easier checkout.
• Save your favorite theater locations in Fandango for iMessage to customize your moviegoing experience.
• We've gotten rid of a couple bugs within the app and the iMessage app extension.
App great - Fee per ticket BAD 😠
App is great, especially when you try and book at a busy time. You can check multiple theaters close by and see if seats are available and where the best seats are located. I would easily give it 5 stars, BUT as many others have mentioned the handling fee is to high. I understand that to run the site it cost $. So free is not a viable option for Fandango. IT COST NO MORE TO PROCESS ONE TICKET THAN TO PROCESS 4 TICKETS. So why not charge a flat $1.50 - $2.00 processing fee. At $6 for 4 tickets I can stand in line for $6 minutes (let's see - that's like getting paid $60 an hour). I actually figured out 6 months of our movie going, and Fandango would have made more money from us with the flat fee, had I used each time (for a flat fee I would have).
To Fandango: Change your policy and I would pay your fee all the time, keep your policy and you only get my $ on rare occasions.
I've never had any issues with this app and have been using it since it came out. I like the convence of being able to purchase tickets on the go (we hate waiting in lines or dealing with humans so the app is convenient for us) we don't care about the fees, it's normal and comes with any payment method online or via app. Too many people complain about it, don't like the fee, then go wait in line at your theater and pray your movie doesn't sell out. The app is awesome to view trailers and check out options for different movies etc! Perfect for people who just want to stroll into the theater without stopping for food etc and just scan in and go straight to your movie! No wait and easy to make changes on the go!
Bad and slow customer service
I first purchased tickets without a login and checked out as a guest. The transactions never was confirmed back to my email account with e-tickets
I tried emailing and calling their customer support and got a message to try again later. I did and again same message. Email is also pointless. I then created a log in with user name and password and had to repurchase the movie tickets. Now that I have to reconnect with customer service for a refund I just know I'm in for a treat! Totally frustrating. Thus don't trust their mobile web features when purchasing as a guest and I am assuming you should ALWAYS create an account.
I do like that you can save your favorite theaters in the app.
I do think the convenience fee we paid of $6.00 for 4 tickets is way overpriced. I'm looking for a $.50 fee per ticket seems more reasonable.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 68.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Fandango
- © Copyright 2009-2017 Fandango. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.