Fandango - Showtimes + Tickets
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*Winner of the Webby Awards Official Jury Award for Best Entertainment App.*
Download Fandango - the #1 movie ticketing app. Get the latest showtimes, guarantee tickets, browse Rotten Tomatoes® scores and watch trailers.
Make and share movie plans with friends with Fandango for iMessage. Here’s how:
1. First, make sure you’ve installed the latest versions of the Fandango app and iOS 10.
2. Open iMessage, tap into a conversation or start a new message, and tap the App Store icon to expose available app extensions.
3. If you don’t see Fandango in your available apps, make sure Fandango is switched by selecting ‘Store’ and then the ‘Manage’ tab.
4. That’s it! Now you’re ready to browse showtimes and buy tickets with friends.
Browse Movies + Theaters:
• Catch the newest trailers, check showtimes and secure seats to the year’s biggest movies.
• Save your favorite theaters and score perks like free screenings, discounts and more with Fandango VIP.
• Find nearby theaters and filter movies by genre, MPAA rating & format, including IMAX & 3D and view theater amenities (Reserved Seating, Mobile Ticket, etc.).
• Browse movie times and upcoming purchases instantly from your iOS Today widget.
• Navigate, share and favorite with peek and pop functionality for 3D touch phones.
• Bypass the box office line at many theaters with guaranteed tickets. If something comes up, you can return or exchange up to two hours before showtime through Fandango. Only with Fandango VIP.
• Enjoy the best of both worlds. Earn rewards points from our partners, including AMC Stubs, Regal Crown Club and more.
• Going with a group? Split the tickets with friends and get paid back with PayPal. No more IOUs.
• Head straight to the ticket-taker to have your barcode scanned with Mobile Ticket (participating theaters only; look for the Mobile Ticket icon).
• Use Apple Pay at checkout for faster and more secure ticket purchases.
• Access your account and safely authorize purchases with touch ID.
• Scan your credit card with your phone’s camera and instantly purchase movie tickets.
• Activate PayPal One Touch and checkout from home or on the go with the click of a button.
• Link your Disney Movie Rewards account directly to your Fandango VIP account and earn points for seeing Disney movies.
Extras for Apple Watch and iPad:
• With Apple Watch, view your countdown-to-showtime clock or directions to the theater and head straight to the ticket-taker to have your Mobile Ticket barcode scanned directly from your wrist (participating theaters only).
• On iPad, tap in to The Pulse for a real time snapshot of what’s selling on Fandango.
Plus, scroll through photos & videos – all optimized for iPad’s retina display.
Thanks for using our app! We appreciate your feedback and would love to hear from you. Send suggestions and issues to: email@example.com
What's New in Version 9.2
Level up movie night with our latest updates:
* We've squashed the bugs and made moviegoing faster and easier than ever.
My attempt to buy a single ticket for Star Wars
I used both the website and the app in my attempt to buy a ticket for the Last Jedi. To my surprise, I even found a coupon for my ticket that took $5 off. The website successfully applied the coupon and I was feeling pretty good with myself until I found that the spot where I had filled in my billing information had disappeared, leaving only the spots for using a Fandango gift card, AMC gift card, or a promotion. I was forced to then go to the Fandango website and buy a gift card, all while my ticket hold period was running out. After buying a gift card I then applied it to my checkout page and it said it also had been successfully applied. However, when I hit the “Complete My Order” button, nothing happened. I even tried the “MasterPass” button to no avail. Once my ticket hold period had expired I ended up losing the seat next to my friends and could only find one at the very front in the nosebleed section (this is a 3D IMAX showing by the way). Pretty disappointed with this whole experience. It’s doubtful I will be using Fandango again in the foreseeable future.
Just one annoyance that could be resolved
Overall, it’s pretty good. My one problem with it is that it doesn’t remember the number of tickets I intend to purchase when I leave one specific movie selection and navigate to another. For example, I want to see movie X at a theatre with reserved seating. I select two adult tickets and proceed to seat selection. Then once I see that the seating I want isn’t available, I move to another time for that movie or another movie altogether. When I do, I have to reselect how many tickets I want to purchase. It’s a major annoyance when I’m trying to rush to get tickets for a movie that is filling up fast. On this same note, I should be able to set a preference so that it defaults to, say, two tickets because I’ve set in my profile that I want it to do so.
Convenience and ease of buying
I love this app, I have bought my tickets while I was riding the Bus of VIA Metropolitan Transit System, in San Antonio, TX. This time I was at home while my family was out. It was easy and convenient for me to do, a young 68 year old😃. I really love buying the movie tix this way.
It was real nice going into the theater picking up our tickets and getting into line for snacks and going in to see the movie.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 07, 2017
- Version: 9.2
- Size: 87.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Fandango
- © Copyright 2009-2017 Fandango. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.