Whether you’re into everything entertainment or want to keep up with the latest on just The Walking Dead, Fortnite or Star Wars, the FANDOM app makes it quick and easy to be in the know.
Get all the info and breaking news you care about in one place with customized fan feeds: news, wiki pages, stories, videos, social buzz, ‘Discussions,’ and in-depth knowledge via FANDOM communities.
- Customize your feed by choosing entertainment topics you’re passionate about, from the next Netflix sleeper hit to the upcoming Marvel movie to the hot new Xbox game and everything in between
- Never miss a beat with videos, news, reviews, original stories, social conversations and exclusives
- Go deep inside your favorite fandoms with expert information fueled by fan communities
- Join the conversation and swap fan theories with the Discussions feature
- Get notified when “OMG! moments” happen within your favorite fandoms
- Easily share articles with friends through email, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and more
Please note that news-related content is currently only available in English.
* Get all of the important alerts about your favorite fandoms and your posts in the new Notifications screen that can be opened from the main navigation bar
* It's now much easier to view images from Twitter and Instagram links in posts
* Similarly, it's now easier to view videos from YouTube links in posts
* You can quickly find more fandoms in the top shortcuts bar of the home screen
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome but needs work
Fandom is my FAVORITE site to use to research my fav anime characters and ships. Their descriptions are very accurate and informative. After using the site so much, I decided to download the app (I was thinking that maybe it would be easier to navigate and I could save my favorite characters and animes...I guess you could say I was thinking it might be kind of like the fandom version of Pinterest, only better lol). However, this was not the case. There is, in fact, an anime genre you can save and scroll through for the latest news in anime, but you can not search for news or information regarding your favorite anime or their characters. The other genres available mainly consist of the nfad fandoms, which is not great if you’re someone like me and enjoy shows and characters that aren’t necessarily popular. If you’re just looking for updates on news for fandoms such as anime, superheroes, etc., you’ve found the right app. I mainly use it for anime news now. But if you’re looking for an ability to search and/ or save information regarding your favorite fandoms, this is not the app for you. All in all, this app is easy to use and it looks freaking awesome, but it lacks the ability to search, save, and a wider variety of fandoms. If you’re looking for these features, you’re better off using their site instead of the app.
Limited selection but presented well
The app has a nice flow to it and moving between stories is easy and even fun. The functionality IS very light and the content covers about 50-60 specific topics which as other reviewers have noted is a bit limiting. If you’re a Batman fan like me, you’re in luck. If you’re a Warframe fan - keep looking. THERE IS NO SEARCH FUNCTIONALITY.
It’s a Flipboard approach applied to pop culture and as such works pretty well. It draws in content from other popular destinations and is largely a successful curation effort. It’s a little weird that the Fandom branded app dedicates most of its real estate to syndicating its competitors’ stories and news but this actually services fans quite well by being agnostic. Initially I kept landing on Tweets and other dead end pieces of content that really didn’t add value to my experience, but I’ve learned to recognize the types of content that don’t interest me and avoid them. Being able to filter out specific content types in future could be a nice update.
I downloaded this app a few weeks ago because I found myself on wiki pages every single day looking up stuff for certain shows. I was disappointed that there were no wiki pages on the app, nor a way to search for the “fandoms” that I wanted to look up. There was no search option, just a list to choose from. BUUUT as of today, they add a way to search from what you want, and get the wiki pages with all the info you get online. I’m extremely happy they decided to add this feature to their app. I really hope all the people that have one star reviews, because of the no search feature, sees the app update and charges their rating based on the performance now. I know that a lot of people are going to be really happy for this change!
- Wikia Inc.
- 45.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Wikia, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.