The Only Official app for FanFiction.Net is now available on iOS!
* Read - Browse and search for millions of stories.
* Write - Write and publish your stories directly via the app
* Forums - Join writing groups or make friends with millions of other readers and writers.
* Private Messaging - Enjoying private communication with other users. Send text, image or voice messages.
* Community Archives - Start or browse story archives .
* Story Management - Browse and manage your favorites and follows.
* User Management - Browse and manage your favorites, follows, and black-lists.
* Document Editor - Edit documents used for your future story submission.
* Push - Push notifications for Followed/Downloaded stories when app is active.
* Beta-readers - Browse and search for registered beta-readers.
* Text to Speech - Verbal reading of stories
Please note Private Messaging (PM) feature is currently app to app only. PM site integration is coming soon in a future release.
Please email all feedback and bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Fixed issue where reading a story in folder removed story from folder
* Reduce UI lag when scrolling library stories
* General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love it now
This app was my first step into anything fan fiction. Maneuvering the app was confusing at first but I got the hang of it quick ( this was probably just me being dumb though). After a few weeks of reading i thought I’d throw my hat in the ring and write something. The system to write and publish stories is simple and easy and makes writing for newbies like me a fun and non stressful experience. The only problem I have with this is that the private messages don’t show on the app so I have to use the browser version to get them. Hopefully this is fixed and it will make it perfect.
Inaccessible to Blind Users
There are many things on this app that VoiceOver just reads as, "Button". Because of this I am unable to get past the first screen. Therefore I am giving this app a very low rating. If the developers would like to fix these issues, the main buttons I cannot read are all of the bottom row, as well as the buttons that show up when I click on the buttons I CAN read, such as the "read" button. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if there are any more issues with this app and VoiceOver, because of the current issues. However, I would recommend going through the app entirely to make sure everything is accessible to all of your possible users. After you do this, I will be happy to re-review your product.
It got old real quick when I had to have 49 tabs open on Safari because I didn’t want to just favourite a bunch of stories that I might end up hating when I actually got around to reading them. I’m really happy with the app, it has occasional lags where you have to close out of it and open it back up to be able to scroll down on a story but it’s not that bad. The voice over setting it weird, it’s basically having an emotionless robot read for you which is uncomfortable. Maybe get rid of that ?
- FictionPress Inc
- 154.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 FictionPress Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.