Fantastical 2 - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
What's New in Version 2.3.6
- Fixed a potential hang when loading certain recurring events
- Fixed events appearing offset in some time zones
- Fixes when using quotes to perform a literal search
- Improved matching when searching for conference rooms on a CalDAV server
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
For years I used Apple’s iCal and native calendar app on my Mac, iPhone and iPad syncing through the cloud. It was problem ridden for me on a regular basis. My bisiness, which is a private therapy practice, is on there with client appointments and information so I need a calendar that works 100% of the time with no glitches. Even 99% of the time with even a slim chance of dropping appoinments would unacceptable.
I installed Fantastical 2 on my Mac and devices two years ago and it works like a charm. It was the most money I ever paid for an app, and the best money I ever spent. I prefer the interface to Apple’s Calendar, it’s clean, it’s logical, it syncs between my Mac and devices seamlessly and I haven’t once had even a minor glitch. Also the Fantastical team has been great with staying on top of development which is seen with frequent updates and improvements.
I finally bit the bullet and purchased this a few years ago, and immediately fell in love with it. But what really sent me over the edge was the support I received.
I was having problems where my Exchange categories never showing up, no option, nothing in the new events, zip zilch, nodda! Sent an email to their team and within 15 minutes I had a response and a solution. The support rep asked for some logs, and then after three or four back and forth emails litterally sent me an updated version of the app to try. Worked!
A few more days an updated App Store app shows up to fix it all. Love it for reasons like this.
Great Replacement for Apple’s iCal
The built-in Ical on the Mac is OK, but after years of using Sunrise, I was spoiled by all the features it had that iCal was missing. Fantastical has filled that gap and served as a great Sunrise replacement on both my desktop and my phone. It’s incredibly powerful, yet easy to use. It handles both my work Exchange calendar and my personal Google calendars seamlessly. The ability to use natural language to set up an appointment without having to click through 20 different options is more useful than I’d originally imagined. Yes, Fantastical is expensive, but it really is that much better than iCal that it’s worth the investment.