Fantastical 2 - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
What's New in Version 2.4
Welcome to Fantastical 2.4! Please watch our video that highlights some of the new features in Fantastical 2.4 on our videos page: https://flexibits.com/fantastical/videos
- View, create, and edit attachments on iCloud and Exchange
- View attachments on Google Calendar
- Travel Time!
- Receive notifications when you need to leave to reach an event on time
- Define travel time so you can plan how long it will take to reach an event
- Fantastical will now combine identical events that are on multiple calendars (this can be disabled in the preferences)
- Undo and redo adding, editing, and deleting events and reminders
- Facebook push updates shows new and updated events immediately
- Click “more...” on a busy day in the Month view to show more events and reminders
- Customize the number of weeks shown in the month view
- Include a message when responding to Google Calendar invitations
- The number of guests of invitees is now shown on Google Calendar invitations
- Forward invitations to other people on Exchange accounts
- Click and hold on the Accept, Decline, or Maybe buttons to respond to an Exchange invitation without sending a message to the sender
- Anniversaries from contacts show the year of the anniversary, if available
- Facebook events in secret groups are now shown
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
These guys are awesome!
I have been using this app since 2015 when it was mentioned by Andy Ihnotko on MacBreak weekly as hiis favorite calendar application for a Mac. I had been looking for an app to handle my increasingly complex calendar and something that was available no only on a Mac but also one my iPhone and iPad as well.
The layouts were strange at first but I got used to them and understood the reasons for them shortly after starting to use the application.
The support is top notch. I work for a software developer and there are times that I have to load a copy of an early release of MacOS on a machine to test our current products for future compatibility. Sometimes this will break other software that I use in addition to causing issues with the software that am testing, and this was one of the cases. The big difference is that I almost get no support becasue the software is “beta”, and I expected this to be the case here too. I always send in a support request just in case as well as to offer logs and environment variables so that the developer can resolve what ever the issue was. This time I received an email response within about 2 hours and a patch for the problem.
These guys rock!
Helps me stay organized…A dream app for keyboard shortcut junkies...
Fantastical is just an excellent calendar app. The integration with Reminders is great. Did I mention that natural language input is brilliant?! I can work with multiple Exchange, Google, iCloud calendars, designating events, reminders, frequency, times, recurrence, alerts and notes all with a simple sentence or two and all directly from the keyboard. This includes launching the app and entering multiple events and reminders. This app has completely changed my workflow for the better and has allowed me to be far more organized than I could ever seem to be with the default macOS Reminders and Calendar apps.
If you think it’s insane to pay $50 for a calendar app, you’re wrong. At least, I think you’re wrong if you demand more from your calendar than what macOS Calendar provides.
There is a little bit of a learning curve, but the support documentation and videos on the site are very direct and helpful. If you spend a few minutes each day learning and entering reminders and events, you should have mastered almost all of it’s nuances in a few days.
Great app; worth the price for power-users
Fantastical 2 is a wonderful app. The attention to detail is magnificent, it is extremely usable, and almost always “just works.”
In keeping up the trend, I’m very impressed by the new 2.4 version. There are powerful additions all over. Topping the list of improvements for me are the addition of Travel Time and duplicate event combined-display across calendars (so handy when my wife and I have the same appointment on each of our calendars, which we both share, now we only see the single appointment entry).
Thanks to the team for a great product!