Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 2015 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop, for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
• Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.6.3
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Apple Watch mostly awesome
Update update: Keeps messing up in syncing with Apple Watch and Reminders. Keeps bringing back old completed reminders. Not sure why, but really annoying.
Update: seems to be fixed again. Removing one star because sometimes syncing with Apple Watch doesn't work. Luckily I wasn't relying on the information on my Apple Watch alone. Only was broken for half a day this time after like 2 months of flawless working, so not a huge deal. Still well worth the money. Could be Apple's or Watch's fault I suppose.
Old one star review: Synced flawlessly with Apple Watch for over a month, now it's broken again. The correct information displays on the fantastical app on my phone, and the correct information displays on my reminders app, but the watch app shows no events for today when there should be. When I open the app on my watch, it's showing yesterday's events as overdue and doesn't show anything for today. Tried deleting, restarting etc. Super frustrating because that's why I bought the app, so I could see my reminders and events on my large complication on my watch. When it works it's really helpful and awesome, when it doesn't work it's really frustrating. This happened before, then got fixed, so not sure why this keeps happening.
Can Only See One Line of Text for Each Entry
This is a great app for calendaring and task management, with one exception, which, unfortunately reduces this otherwise 5 star app to a 3 star app (at least for me).
Many of my reminders and calendar items exceed one line. Fantastical only allows me to view one line of each calendar entry/task item in the list view and the calendar view. This is a HUGE problem as it leaves me unable to view very important information. It also renders the quick list view and calendar view rather useless, as I have to click each item individually in order to view the entire text of the entry in another screen. I really wish this weren't the case, as this is the only app that I have found that syncs with my all the calendars and reminders on my iPhone, regardless of the source (my outlook calendar for work is protected and does not sync to my iCloud, so apps that only allow me to integrate my iCloud calendar and tasks are useless).
I've been considering forking over the five bucks for this app for the past month or so after hearing consistent rave reviews across the board.
I thought... The native calendar app works fine for me, what could this possibly do to make it the price of a Double Double and fries from In n Out?!
Well, I LOVE everything about the interface and how I can scroll through my appointments with the week-view scrolling along with me. I LOVE how easy it is to switch from that view to the month view. I LOVE having a full month calendar in my pull-down "Today" screen from the lockscreen. I LOVE having my reminders and calendar in one app. That's just the start of it. There are so many awesome intuitive features here to make it well worth $4.99!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 14, 2016
- Version: 2.6.3
- Size: 22.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2016 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.