Fantastical 2 for iPad - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 20% OFF - LIMITED TIME HOLIDAY SALE **
Fantastical 2 is the award-winning calendar app with features such as natural language parsing, reminders, a beautiful week view, and much more! With the convenient Fantastical Dashboard, you’ll add, view, and interact with your events and reminders with ease.
"For those who just want to get in, get out, and get stuff done, I strongly recommend Fantastical 2 for iPad." - iMore
"Fantastical works better than Apple’s Calendar and Reminders apps..." - MacStories
"...Fantastical is an app I can recommend to anyone who wants to leverage their iPad as a better calendar." - 9to5Mac
"All the beauty of Fantastical, but now for the iPad. I use it for the Mac and iOS—I [...] love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"... Fantastical 2 for iPad ... refuses to abide by conventional notions of how a calendar should look." - The Verge
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! With dictation*, you can even speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will take care of it.
ONE APP, MANY FEATURES
• The Fantastical Dashboard
- Multiple views let you view your events and reminders just the way you want
- DayTicker, week view, or full-screen week view present your events and reminders with clarity
- Customize your Fantastical Dashboard with a simple gesture
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Powerful parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• Informational event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and flexible repeating options
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation* and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak* your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Accessibility support
* Dictation not supported on iPad 2
What's New in Version 2.7.5
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Fantastical 2 for iPad is.. well... Fantastic!
Been a big fan of Fantastical since v2 launched on the iPhone. When the iPad version finally arrived, I was pretty happy. That hasn't changed. I see complaints about a month view, but those people are missing the point, and are better with other calendar clients. Fantastical is beautiful in design and provides an impressively quick and easy way to add new events or reminders. I love it for that. If you're having crash issues adding new events, try rebooting your device.
!!! Also be sure to contact customer Support before you leave a bad review for any app! Most of the time you'll find they can help you with your problem. If you just leave a negative review, they can't help you at all since they can't contact you or respond to it.
Not worth the $
I really wanted to love Fantastical. I've tried going back to it a dozen times. But in the end the native iOS app or Outlook are just far better options. Small things, like iOS' ability to have travel times included with events are incredibly useful, and after years of asking they still haven't included it. Or how Outlook can check your availability right within an email are huge time savers. In short - its limited by its stand-alone nature and because of that won't ever be as useful as those other apps.
If you are simply looking for an alternative to the built-in app, this will do just fine. Just don't go in expecting to be blown away by a revolutionary calendar app.
As inadequate as ever
Lacks a monthly calendar as such, which means you can't see groups or patterns of exact entries: e.g., see Calendars 5 or also, on the iPhone, the Google calendar for what an intuitive monthly view should look like. Again, bars on the weekly view are useless -- what do they helpfully communicate? Fantastical colors are jarring; and empty days don't show in the list. It's an app that fails at being quick and intuitive. (Native iOS app is light years better.) But the Fantastical iOS 10 widget is the one widget that allows a month to be accessed -- the app's single, slight virtue. Self-important and unpleasant customer support. A poor calendar. Save your money.