Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fantastical 2 is the award-winning calendar app with features such as natural language parsing, reminders, a beautiful week view, and much more!
"Great iOS update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop
• Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.8.3
- Apple Watch: Force Touch on an event with a location to get directions to the location
- Apple Watch: Added option for small complication to show the number of remaining events or reminders today
- Swipe left or right in the list when showing one or two days at a time to go to the next or previous day
- Fixed an issue where the app badge wouldn't clear after the last event of the day
- Fixed a rare crash after adding a new event or reminder
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Background Refresh & Watch app issues
Overall this app is wonderful on both iPhone and Watch.
A few issues:
Even with app refresh enabled for this app, it does not periodically update itself in the background with changes made to calendars on other devices. Only after manually opening the app does it refresh all calendars, which means that notifications for events added elsewhere since last app opening do not appear on the phone.
During the last two updates, the watch app freezes when I tap on a Fantastical complication. It then either takes forever to unfreeze and allows me to scroll through my events, or it crashes. When it crashes and I reopen it, the Watch app seems to erase all events in it, and the complication sometimes disappears (doesn't even say enjoy your day"). It then takes a while to re-sync all events. This is not good, as I depend on seeing what my next meeting is on my watch at all times. I am using the original Watch, and suspect it may have something to do with the new way background app refresh works on the new Watch OS. Please fix as soon as possible!
Something wrong with latest update
Normally I love this app, but it's been glitchy lately, and difficult to enter events because it freezes up. The dates do not update as you swipe to view upcoming months, and at times my events do not show up on the calendar right away. It's also frustrating when I enter an event, the software automatically moves my information to the location, when I don't want it to. Example: "playdate at the park" becomes "playdate", and then the app puts "park" in the location area. I don't want it to do that. A good example is when I write the word "Today" or "Easter" or whatever, the app moves my event to the actual day, instead of using what I am typing. If I write "Christmas party", it moves the event to the actual day of Christmas. Very, very confusing, and super annoying!!
Events hidden under sea of tasks
I always come back to this app from every other calendar-task app. It works the most reliably.
Only complaint is that with multiple dated but not time specific tasks, they all appear in list ahead of events. So events not visible in widget due to limited space, and must scroll down a lot to get to first event in app. Need to be able to place events and time specific tasks at top of list and untimed tasks below events. Or another solution is all tasks are placed in a section below events. Also need a graphic Day view like Calendars 5. This app has the quickest and best natural language entry of any.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 22, 2017
- Version: 2.8.3
- Size: 44.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2017 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.