Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.2.4
- Fixed an issue where Fantastical could crash when using overdue recurring reminders
- Fixed an issue where long notes would appear clipped when viewing an event
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Powerful, Feature-Rich, Intuitive
Fantastical doesn't necessarily have a lot of unique features, however it's ease-of-use and intuitive nature make it easily the best calendar app I've used so far. My job requires reoccurring (quarterly, bi quarterly) client specific paperwork to be completed on a specific date and this app has made it very easy to keep track and remain on top of all of the recurring paperwork and forms I need to do. I also reached out to their support when I had a question and they got back to me the same day. I think it's also worth mentioning the Mac version of this app is just as good and really complements the iPhone version and I would definitely look into getting both if you frequently use both platforms and also using the Mac version can make inputting information and dates and events and reminders even easier. Have recommended this to friends and family and will continue to do so!!
Best Calendar App
I was looking for a calendar app with specific features in mind. Beside the obvious easy UI, I need an app that allows easy calendar event duplication. I really didn't think I'd use the voice calendar entry feature but it's very handy, fast, and more importantly accurate. This app plays well with iCloud and Google calendars, syncs seamlessly with reminders, and even picks up invites from the Apple Mail app. Overall, this is the best calendar app I've found yet. The only improvements I could think of are adding a year view and when duplicating an event, add the option to bring the date to the current day (instead of having to scroll to the current or future date from an event 6 months ago). Otherwise, this is a solid app which would fit the needs of the busiest people, and like me the small business person.
The new iOS 8 update is great. I love the widget! One thing bothers me. This app is kinda expensive especially given the fact it is not iPad compatible. Ok, I've paid for the iPad one as well, but think this is too much for a mobile app. The Mac app is also paid, but I will never buy this too... Following my initial review from the launch of the app, which still stands:
I am a little bit conservative and I always prefer Apple's apps instead of third party. So I was very pessimistic about this app but after reading some of the reviews I decided to jump in and just try it. Boy, I needed 2 min with the app to make me dump the stock calendar in my special apple apps folder which I never use :)
The integration with google maps is just the most genius decision of all time! In my country (Bulgaria) Apple maps cover the streets, but no POI at all. So this feature is a god sent!
My only complaint is about the icon - it is too colorful, too messy and bothers me even more than the stock photos app.. I want it on my start page but currently it is no joy to look at all the time when I unlock my phone. I would really appreciate it if you guys think about changing it a little bit.
Think I'm not the only one...
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 21, 2015
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 21.0 MB
- Languages: En, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.