Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 7, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation* you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation* and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak* your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
* Dictation requires an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, or iPod touch (5th generation or later) and Internet access.
What's New in Version 2.0.5
- Added support for opening links in 1Password and Mercury web browsers
- Added support for creating events with floating time zones
- Added an option for the app icon badge to show the current calendar week
- Added swipe to delete for unwanted locations from the reminder geofence location list
- Added support to tap on URLs and phone numbers in the title of events
- Reminders with both a geofence and due date no longer trigger a notification until the day of the reminder is due
- Visual update to week view to make events and event invitations easier to read
- Improvements to conference call code detection
- Improvements to accessibility
- Improvements to search speed
- Fixed a problem where duplicate notifications would sometimes appear
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Functionality is Superb
Pretty rare to have an app rate 5 stars in my book, but this one deserves it since they came out with version 2. One the best features is the combination of Events and To Do's in one app. So much better than being split in two like Apple does with their included app's.
It's kind of hard to summarize things, but I find that it does everything that I want it to, in an elegant way. You can do the basics without the interface getting in the way, but it also has power features that are accessible. The new features that have been introduced in the last couple of point releases, have fallen into the category of "that's so cool and useful - why didn't I think of that before". A prime example is the ability to duplicate/copy an event to another date. Ridiculously handy for something like a doctor appointment where you might have some follow up visits. Just duplicate it to the new date/time and it retains all other values.
Like some other reviewers, I first had the Mac version and liked it. This gave me the confidence to purchase the iOS version without hesitation.
Absolutely the best calendar you can have on your phone. Like others, I tend to prefer original apple apps if available, but apples calendar falls wayyyy short in comparison to Fantastical 2!
It's so seamless and easy, you'll be excited to get some plans made to throw in your calendar. It incorporates reminders so well, I find myself setting reminders where I would not have before, and it's saved me!
You can simply click on a day, write (or say) "work from 4-11" and it creates a beautifully organized event on your day. Having multiple events is easily visible and it makes seeing your whole day much easier.
In the pictures it looks like only orange and blue are options for event colors, but there are many more in the options! Very customizable! Most importantly, you're able to have the badge icon be many things, including the current date which was the biggest factor in replacing the apple app from my home screen!
User since Nov 2012
I've been a user of Fantastical since it's first version in November 2012. I'm not a "power user" so I don't use it's Weekly View much, but its strong points for me include the current day's date as a badge icon and its sleek GUI-- that's basically it. It keeps my Default Google Calendar and Subscribed Calendars synced with nary a problem. Only issue I ever had was that I would receive email updates for events, but that was a Google setting problem! Not FlexiBits. I've since purchased Fantastical 2 (duh) and the Mac OS X desktop app. Looking forward to future updates, b/c 1.5 years in & running, they're still coming. Hoo! Wahhh.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2014 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.