Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 2015 APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.5
- 3D Touch! Press firmly on the Fantastical app icon for quick actions
- Fantastical's Apple Watch app now includes complications, a "go to date" option, plus improved speed thanks to a native app (requires watchOS 2)
- Additional iOS 9 fixes and improvements
- Improved design for week view
- Tap and hold on locations or URLs to choose an app to open them in (e.g. Google Maps or Apple Maps)
- Multiple invitation notifications are now shown separately instead of grouped into a single notification
- Improved highlight weekends for countries that have weekends on Friday and Saturday
- Fixed hang when adding new events with VoiceOver
- Fixed location and phone data detectors not appearing in event titles
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you please take a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Outstanding Just Got Better
Best calendar app--hands down. I've tried many of them. This one beats them all in functionality, design, and features. It just works and blows away the stock calendar app. I owned the original and did not mind paying the developers for the new version. This app is updated often. The ability to view and edit iOS reminders right in the calendar is a huge bonus (no idea why that's not in the stock calendar).
The widget, extensions, and interactive notifications on iOS 8 are well done. Love the addition of complications for Apple Watch and 3D Touch Support for the 6s.
Minor Wants: Please let us change the alert sound and also to have the light and dark theme toggle automatically with screen brightness setting (like tweetbot).
Great App; watch app could be better
Improves upon all the default iOS Calendar apps shortcomings. Great design and always having timely updates when new hardware is released.
Happy to see watchOS 2 functions, though I'd like to be able to select just one calendar for the complication to display instead of all calendars displayed on the app. Easy workaround is to hide all in settings on the phone, but it's not ideal having to toggling them on and off just for the complication to display my work calendar. Also, not sure if it's a watch limitation or not, but I would love to see the calendar continue to scroll past the current month.
Overall, I love this app and highly recommend it.
Latest update breaks Apple Watch app
I've been using Fantastical 2 for awhile now, and I was really looking forward to this update so I could finally have a Fantastical Apple Watch complication instead of the built-in Calendar one. Unfortunately, after the update the Watch app no longer works! At first I was getting a "no access" message on my Apple Watch for the complication and Watch app, despite Fantastical having full access to my calendars. So I restarted my Watch. After the restart, the complication started working, but when I tapped on it to open the Fantastical app, the app either kept loading forever or crashed. Now it's back to just saying "no access". I love this app, but it seems like not enough QA was done for this update!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.