Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
- Fixed an issue where some users encountered errors when saving reminders on iCloud
- Can now send a response message for invitations that you've already accepted
- Importing a ics file with a cancelled event will now delete the event if it already exists
- Fixed an issue editing All Future Events of recurring events on Exchange in some time zones
- Fixed an issue uploading attachments to iCloud with special characters in the file name
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Ratings and Reviews
Finally Upgraded From V1 & I’m Very Happy
I bought Fantastical V1 right when it was first released and have loved it right up till this morning. I held off upgrading when V2 came out because I was perfectly happy with the last version of V1, and didn’t feel like spending the money. It was an expensive upgrade back then as now. However, the latest version has improved on things to the point where I felt it was only right and proper that I upgrade, though I’m still not happy about the pricing, and, despite that, I’m happy that I did so: from the new color schemes to the wealth of additional data that’s now available (time to leave, which I want to see if it works with public transportation here in NYC), I’m happy. Had there been a reduced price for those upgrading (on top of a generally lower price overall), even so long after V2 first came out, this would’ve been a 5-star review. Instead, a star loss because of the price.
If you’re still using V1, I think it’s time to come around and support the developer, despite the lack of an upgrade price.
If you’ve never used it before, you’ll be very happy with it. The ease of the drop-down calendar from the top-line menu is simply terrific and I’ve used that all the time.
Really good calendar
I bought this quite a while ago and don’t write too many reviews unless I really like an app. I tend to be willing to try knew things, but ultimately I’d say 90% of the time I drop an app. I have a nice long list of app purchases that simply don’t provide any value at all. This is not one of those apps. How do I know this? Well, I just bought a new MacBook and thought I would pass on installing this. And within 2 days I was running back to my app library to click the install button. It is simply a much better calendar. I like the list on the side. I like the way I can easily enter a new entry. I find it a MUST HAVE on the iPhone. And now without even realizing it, I find it a must have on the Mac as well. You know an app is good when you keep coming back to it. For that to happen it has to provide some kind of value that you will miss if you stop using it. This does that. Let me say one more thing. I’m not someone who is married to the calendar and log every thing to it. And I still find this so much better.
Thank you fore leaving us a review! It's great to hear that you find Fantastical indispensable :)
The Calendar app I wish was native to MacOS
Right up front I have to say I will always prefer native MacOS software over having to download anything extra. With extra comes a lot of potential problems (performance, stability, security… etc). I used the “Calendar” application and it was…. Ok-ish. The interface/usability isn't great but I can live with it. However the problem became issues with support of Exchange calendar for work (the company I was working for was doing silly things with Exchange in general).
Initial thought was to go to Outlook, which I already had installed along with Microsoft office suite, but there was one glaring problem with that… Support for non-Exchange calendars! I wanted to see both my work calendar as well as personal (Google) so I that would know if there were conflicts anywhere.
So the hunt began, and ended with Fantastical. Now that I have used its for about a year I can’t imagine going back.
* super light weight
* great support for any Exchange implementation I have encountered to date
* awesome easy “quick add events" input box to create new events *fast*
* thus far, crazy stable, no issues with High Sierra upgrade at all
The thing I find myself using the most, and didn't expect to, is the quick add events feature. For me I don't want to talk to my computer (makes to much noise), but this is what I imagine Siri would be if you were able to type into an input field for it.
I would highly recommend this to anyone.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.