Fantastical - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Presenting the calendar app you'll actually enjoy using. Type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical will schedule it! Or type in that you need to "Buy milk by Tuesday" and Fantastical will create a reminder with a due date!
Fantastical's natural language event/reminder creation, beautiful calendar, and gorgeous list make it the best calendar you'll ever use. Stay on top of your schedule with features like native CalDAV support, automatic alarms for new events, OS X and iOS reminder support, and instant search.
**** Best of Mac App Store and 2011 Macworld Editors' Choice Award winner ****
"[Fantastical is] now my primary calendaring app." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"[Fantastical] makes it much easier and more convenient to quickly create new events." - Macworld
"Fantastical is the calendar assistant to install on every Mac that has to deal with calendars." - MacStories
"Fantastical looks fantastic (couldn't resist) and works quite well." - TUAW
The easiest way to create new events and reminders
• Open Fantastical with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
Stay on top of your day
• The event/reminder list and calendar allow you to easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray letting you focus on your upcoming events
• Change the number of events you want displayed, providing focus and convenience
• Click any event to show important details
• Add event notes to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
Edit and delete with ease
• Select the event or reminder you want to change and take control with a single click or keystroke
Works the way you do
• Works with your favorite applications: Calendar, iCal, BusyCal (cloud calendars only), Entourage, or Outlook
• Reminders are only compatible with Calendar, iCal, and BusyCal
• Stay in sync with built-in CalDAV support; supports iCloud, Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
Speaks your language
• Fantastical is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of those languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
Fantastical — your Mac's calendar will never be the same again.
What's New in Version 1.3.12
- Fixes a crash on launch that occurred with certain configurations
- Various fixes and improvements
Simple, and simply one of the best apps I’ve ever bought.
Having the calendar right in the menu bar without having to open iCal is so convenient! Just type info into the data field and it sends the details right where they belong, making creation of new events so simple and fast. I love, love, love this little app!
I’ve been using it religiously for a really long time. A year or two before 2014 I think. It’s always worked, always been useful, and I’ve always been grateful. I use my calendar to schedule all my kids events, as well as some homeschool daily scheduling, for my own personal and professional meetings and reminders. Basically, I use it every day.
Actually made a point to come write this review since of all the apps I use, this is the one most deserving of a review to show my appreciation. Thanks developers!
Note to developers:
This app is so great as is. Please don’t fall into the trap of so many excellent apps by trying to complicate it with flashy features. If it ain’t broke, don’t fixt it! Thanks!!
This is my second review - I originally gave it 1 star because it stopped working for some reason that (I believe) was unrelated to Fantastical. However Kent at tech support never gave up and we got it back working. POINT NUMBER 1: AMAZING TECH SUPPORT!
Fantastical is by far my #1 productivity app. It’s slick, unobtrusive, shows me just what I need and allows me to schedule events in the moment without interrupting my work flow. For instance, if I’m using my computer to take notes in a meeting and a future appointment needs to be set, I can check my appointments and QUICKLY type in a sentence to create an event. No need to open the Calendar and clutter my screen.
My recommendation is BUY IT. NOW! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? There’s nothing better - I’ve tried them all. It’s that good.
I was skeptical of the value of this app… I mean, the calendar that comes with the Mac is a calendar, what more could you need?
Then I finally picked up Fantastical, for the Mac and my iPhone, and I can’t praise it enough - a great addition to being able to track my time easily and efficiently. I don’t know what I’d do without it, and I can’t wait for an iPad version!