Fantastical - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Presenting the calendar app you'll actually enjoy using. Type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical will schedule it! Or type in that you need to "Buy milk by Tuesday" and Fantastical will create a reminder with a due date!
Fantastical's natural language event/reminder creation, beautiful calendar, and gorgeous list make it the best calendar you'll ever use. Stay on top of your schedule with features like native CalDAV support, automatic alarms for new events, OS X and iOS reminder support, and instant search.
**** Best of Mac App Store and 2011 Macworld Editors' Choice Award winner ****
"[Fantastical is] now my primary calendaring app." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"[Fantastical] makes it much easier and more convenient to quickly create new events." - Macworld
"Fantastical is the calendar assistant to install on every Mac that has to deal with calendars." - MacStories
"Fantastical looks fantastic (couldn't resist) and works quite well." - TUAW
The easiest way to create new events and reminders
• Open Fantastical with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
Stay on top of your day
• The event/reminder list and calendar allow you to easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray letting you focus on your upcoming events
• Change the number of events you want displayed, providing focus and convenience
• Click any event to show important details
• Add event notes to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
Edit and delete with ease
• Select the event or reminder you want to change and take control with a single click or keystroke
Works the way you do
• Works with your favorite applications: Calendar, iCal, BusyCal (cloud calendars only), Entourage, or Outlook
• Reminders are only compatible with Calendar, iCal, and BusyCal
• Stay in sync with built-in CalDAV support; supports iCloud, Google Calendar, Yahoo! Calendar, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
Speaks your language
• Fantastical is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of those languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
Fantastical — your Mac's calendar will never be the same again.
What's New in Version 1.3.18
- Better handling of app-specific passwords for iCloud accounts using two-step verification
- Fixed prompt for Google account password appearing for some users
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Great Convenience, Design & IOS Syncing
I've been using Fantastical since it first came out. It was excellent then and oh-so-handy with its natural language voice dictation features but it has continued to steadily improve over the years. I have it installed on my iPhone and my iPad Air as well as my Mac. Fantastical does a fantastic job of keeping all my calendar events and reminders in sync across all my devices. It is so much more convenient and full-featured than Apple’s Calendar application that I use Fantastical as my primary calendar app and rarely ever open Calendar. However, all events and reminders created in Fantastical are accessible in Calendar. I love the fact that Fantastical resides as an icon in the system-wide menu bar at the top of my screen and is always available without switching out of whatever application I’m currently working in. Fantastical is one of those applications that I use all the time and that I rely on for staying organized and getting things done. It’s always there and always works as expected. It’s rock solid and reliabe. I give it 5 stars and recommend it without reservation.
Natural language is the future
Makes me want to vomit when I use Outlook at work and have to enter appointments and meetings in a form like an animal. Sometimes I open my Mac and VPN into the work network just so I can use Fantastical to enter something into my Exchange calendar. Of particular use is adding things from email newsletters and webpages (like events at my son’s school). I can just copy the entire sentence of pablum into the little smarty-pants box and it figures everything out. One nice feature would be the ability to add people to an invite using natural language, perhaps using a keyword like “with”. It would also be nice to be able to set the busy, tentative, free field. But really those requests are just to remove the last bit of functionality I need to use Outlook to access.
So much smoother.
I use Fantastical as my primary Calandar app for both iOS and OS X. I don’t know how i ever lived without it. Input is so much easier. Just type “Meet with Jan at 2 on Wednesday,” and you can watch it figure it out. I also love the quick pop-up from the menu bar. It makes my calandar seamless on my Mac.
This app has seriously made my calendar just work and get out of my way. As a busy law student trying to juggle two buisnesses,
I would, however, like to have a larger window sometimes. Not necessarily full-screen, but normal-app sized would be great. Also, occasionally, I get email invites, and Fantastical can’t seem to figure them out. It happens rarely enough that I just type the appointment into my calendar. For those who get a lot of these, it might be annoying. (You can always just use Calendar for that.)