ASA has built a reputation for providing the aviation community with the most accurate and reliable FAR/AIM products available. The FAR/AIM app continues this tradition, containing information from Titles 14 and 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 and 49 CFR) pertinent to pilots, flight instructors, and flight crew, combined with the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), and Pilot/Controller Glossary.
ASA FAR/AIM app features:
• Free Updates provided.
• All of the ASA FAR/AIM and FAR for Flight Crew book contents are included: 14 CFR Parts 1, 5, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 39, 43, 48, 61, 63, 65, 67, 68, 71, 73, 91, 97, 103, 105, 107, 110, 117, 119, 120, 121, 125, 133, 135, 136, 137, 141, 142; 49 CFR Parts 172, 175, and 830; TSA 1544 and 1552.
• The complete Aeronautical Information Manual including color figures.
• Pilot/Controller Glossary included.
• Study by Certificate lists for Private, Remote, Sport, Instrument/CFII, Commercial, Flight Instructor, Flight Engineer, and ATP allows aviators to hone their studies to the pertinent rules for their individual certificate and operation.
• Text search helps you find what you’re looking for in the FAR, AIM or both.
• Profile and Landscape viewing available for easy reading and viewing figures.
• Ability to increase text size.
ASA tracks FAA changes daily and updates the app when regulations and AIM changes affect pilot operations. The date shown for the app's update reflects the last regulatory change affecting content. A new update will be released when a rule change affects operations.
None of the material in this publication supersedes any documents, procedures, or regulations issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). ASA does not claim copyright on any material included herein that was taken from United States government sources; all contents originate from the FAA.
The Study by Certificate lists have been updated and fix applied to address issues where Appendix highlights were not indexing correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than paper
The app is great for three reasons:
1) weight - zero more pounds added to your electronic flight bag, as opposed to the paper FAR/AIM;
2) free updates: buy once, have it forever; you pay nine bucks once and you are set forever. If you buy the paper version, you have to buy a new revision every year;
3) searchability: as they say, you can't grep dead trees.
The quality of the layout and typesetting is ok.
The quality of figures, tables and illustrations is also ok. Totally usable.
A lot of the old-timers complain that the font is too small and they should feature resizable fonts. I agree it would be nice to rescale fonts, but the paper book does not have big types either, so it's not that you don't need glasses for the paper version...
Anyway, I'm happy with the product and I recommend it.
Good but should be better
I like that you only but once and it's updated but those updates are few and far between. It was finally updated to 2019 after a very long period without any update. Also, it needs to be optimized for later screens. The larger screens have been out for years and was thinking that the next update would address this issue. Big miss! Please promise the screen and don't take years too do it or publish other updates.
I find that the zoom function works very easily to make the text as large as necessary for these 63 year old eyes to read. The search function works well.
The paper book is a thing of the past. I’m looking forward to having a current version at all times!
One more example of our lives getting better!
- Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc.
- 69.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.