Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Introducing Farensius 2! Including some highly requested features such as night-mode and automatically detecting your location.
Farensius is a little application that displays the current weather on your menubar.
- Current temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit in the menu bar.
- An icon of the current weather condition in the menu bar.
- Auto-discover location.
- Auto-detect sunrise/sunset time to toggle between day/night modes.
- Extended weather report when the mouse cursor hovers above the menu bar.
- Menu drop-down that shows a 5 day forecast.
- Customise what to display and how often to update.
Pro features (in-app purchase):
- Automatically change your Mac's desktop wallpaper depending on the current weather condition.
- 5 sets of defaults wallpapers including day and night modes.
- Use your own photos with a simple drag and drop.
Note: If the temperature does not seem correct for your city, try to be more specific. For example you can use the following format for the City field: "CITY, STATE/PROVINCE, COUNTRY".
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Improvement: Updates weather immediately after the Mac wakes up from sleep, instead of waiting until the next refresh interval.
What's new in 2.0.
- Automatically detect your location.
- Night mode. On a clear night, a moon instead of a sun will be displayed as the icon.
- Icons in retina resolution.
- Absorbs functionality from Farensius Desktop that changes the desktop wallpaper based on the current weather condition. Available as an in-app purchase.
- Entire app is rewritten in Swift, the new beautiful programming language from Apple.
- New app icon.
Thank you to all the users who have been patiently waiting for the new release. It has certainly taken too long, but better late than never I suppose...
Waking Up From Sleep
I’m still having some issues when waking up from sleep on my Macbook Pro. When waking up from sleep, it takes about 10-15 seconds to reconnect to the Wi-Fi. It appears that the application is checking for updated weather information while the laptop is temporarily disconnected from Wi-Fi. Therefore, the app is displaying 'N/A'. Why not KEEP the older information displayed rather than displaying ’N/A’. Then check back for updated weather again after x minutes (whatever the user specified in the settings).
Current version is broken, does not automatically update. Program was fine before 2.0.2 update.
Version 2.0.2 is not working properly; it just displays the same (wrong) temperature constantly. Please fix.