“Farming GPS GIS II” provides GPS data collection and mapping functionality for use on the iPad. It will let you use a GPS receiver to map a farm tract, a timber tract or any other land parcel as well as point and line features of interest. You can also create features by importing feature data in Shapefiles or DXF format, by manual digitization or by entering deed calls. The acreage and perimeter of an area feature will be promptly computed. You can easily divide or combine the land plots. You will be able to record attribute information for each geographic feature. You will also be able to enter formulas to compute values derived from the recorded data. For example, when you enter the yield for a farm plot, the yield per acre can be automatically calculated based on the acreage of the plot.
You will be able to export the feature data as Shapefiles.
If your device has GPS capability, the Point Stakeout function could help you locate an old land mark, and the Line Stakeout function could help you lay out a long pipeline.
Please note: The accuracy of the location data depends on the GPS receiver used. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. The app lets you easily toggle the GPS on or off.
Detailed Function List:
* Map Points, Lines and Areas using GPS data collection functions.
* Work in LLA, UTM, SPC or NEZ coordinate system.
* Import/export the Features and Attributes from/to Shapefiles or DXF..
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
* Create a Line or an Area by entering Deed Calls.
* Create a Point from the entered address or coordinates.
* Create new Points by using the Traverse function.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* Attach one or more photos to any Feature.
* View position, length and area values for the Features.
* Create multiple attribute tables (Feature Lists).
* Tag the Features with pre-defined Attribute/Values.
* Enter a formula for an Attribute based on other Attributes.
* View or edit Attribute Values in a spread-sheet display.
* Sub-divide an Area by Direction Cut, Hinge Cut or a digitized Split-Line.
* Combine two adjacent Areas into one Area.
* Create buffer zones around a Line or Area Feature.
* Create grid points or grid lines over an Area Feature.
* Label the Features with ID and Attributes.
* Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Convert measured distances or areas to Features.
* Use GPS to stake out Points or nodes on a Line or Area Feature.
* Use GPS to stake out a Line or Area boundary.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
* View PDF.
* Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.
* iCloud file storage support.
This app comes with a built-in help document.
The app creates data files that are saved in the Documents folder for the app. User may use iTunes to copy the data files to their Mac or PC, and vice versa.
Recompiled for 64-bit architecture.
- Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
- 19.3 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 - 2017 Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.