Presence: all your Mac's files, anywhere
By Adrian Ross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Presence gives you secure access to all of your Mac's files, wherever you are. With access to your whole Mac at any time, you don't have to remember to take files with you. Even better, you can also share files and folders with other people - just by sending them a link.
To use this app, you must also install the Presence Mac app - visit flyingmac.com and download the free trial.
• Access your Mac's files from anywhere. Browse your whole Mac, including network drives, with a Finder-style interface. View documents, images, media files and more.
• Share files with others instantly by sending them a link - great for large files, and you can do it from anywhere. Share whole folders too.
• Your gateway to other apps: Presence lets you open your Mac's files in other apps on your iPhone/iPad, and save files from other apps to your Mac (in apps that share files). Plus anything you can copy in another app can be saved to your Mac as a file.
• Tuned for both iPhone and iPad.
• Round-trip editing of iWork files (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) - just use your Presence URL in iWork's WebDAV setting.
• Save files to your device, for times when you have no network access.
• Email files and folders from your Mac without even being there. No need to download them to your iPhone first!
• Take photos through your Mac's iSight camera.
• Search your Mac with Spotlight.
• Plus, connect to your Mac from any Mac or PC via using just a web browser, for times when you have a computer nearby. The iPhone is great, but a big screen is better when you have one!
This isn't another app that just lets you store files on your iPhone or iPad - Presence gives you access to your whole Mac, plus network drives, all the time. You can copy files to your device if you want to - say if you're going to be on a plane - but most of the time you won't bother; just connect straight to your Mac!
This is the free iOS client for our Mac remote access application - see flyingmac.com. As well as working with your iPhone and iPad, you can connect to your Mac from any computer on the internet. This means you can access your Mac from Windows and Linux too!
- works over 3G or Wi-Fi
- turn off custom icons for better performance over slow connections
- protected with your Mac's login and password
- all communication is encrypted
- iWork (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- RTF and RTFD
- Plain Text (any file extension)
- Web Archives
- Images: all standard formats plus any file your Mac understands, including Photoshop. High-resolution images are handled.
- Any other file type, if you have an app that supports it.
- list view as well as icon view
- view hidden files
- show all file extensions
- open packages
What's New in Version 2.3.7
Fixed a problem that could cause unintended opening of files when scrolling in iOS 7.
Fixed a problem that could prevent passwords being remembered.
Fixed a problem that could cause missing icons.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 06, 2013
- Version: 2.3.7
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adrian Ross
- © 2013 Adrian Ross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.